044

august 28th, 2020
3:46 pm

JOSHUA SLUMPED AGAINST the back of the hard desk chair, a pen in his hand

He'd only been at college for a week and he was already swamped with various assignments.

But his head was swimming, he couldn't focus.

So instead, Joshua picked up his phone and went to the Instagram app.

He switched his account to the burner account he had created a couple of days ago.

Joshua's search history had only one account and one account only.

It's just to check up and see how the music thing was going.

At least that was what Joshua told himself.

But deep down and he wouldn't admit this to anyone, he just wanted to see her.

A knock on the door caused Joshua to stir from his thoughts.

When Joshua opened the door, he found himself looking down at his brother Caleb and a girl with brown skin and hazel eyes.

"Um, is something wrong?" Joshua askers.

Caleb frowned, "Did you forget? I told you I was bringing Marie over so y'all could meet."

"Oh. Um, well can we do this later? I'm kinda busy." Joshua replied.

"No, we can't. Don't be a dick." Caleb widened his eyes as he mouthed the last part of his statement.

Joshua squinted his eyes at his brother then sighed and opened his door to indicate that they should come in.

"Y'all can sit." Joshua gestured to the bean bag chairs he had brought from his room at home.

As soon as the door was closed Caleb sighed then dropped his car keys onto Joshua's desk, "Okay. So I didn't bring her here just for y'all to meet. Marie is a psych major."

Joshua looked at Marie who had the decency to look embarrassed then back to his brother.

Joshua tugged a hand down the lower half of his  face in slight aggravation, "You bought her here to give me what? An impromptu therapy session."

"He said that'd you be great practice." Marie chirped and then grew quiet at the expression that Joshua was giving her.