046

august 29th, 2020
11:18 am

JOSHUA SHOULD'VE KNOWN that getting Ayoluwa back wouldn't be that simple

She was right, he had done her wrong so many times.

"I need effort. I deserve effort."

Noted.

But Joshua had never been one for romance, he never had to try this hard for a girl before.

In fact, he had never had to try for any girl before, they usually fell at his feet.

Joshua was laying on his bed at home, his eyes on the ceiling.

When he turned his head, he could see Ayoluwa's window, the curtains hiding her room.

Joshua bit his lip and then grabbed his laptop out of the backpack resting at the foot of the bed.

"Please be up. Please be up. Please-." Joshua let out a sigh of relief when Jalen picked up.

"What's good?" Jalen rubbed his eye.

"Yo, I need to tell you something. It's important. Are you alone?"

"Yeah," Jalen fixed his gaze at the camera, "Are you dying or something? 'Cause it's too early in the morning for you to be dying."

Joshua groaned, "Obviously not. Now shut up and listen. When you fucked up with Noel, how did you make it right?"

"Well," Jalen picked at his curls, "I had to regain her trust so we went back to being friends for awhile and then when I got injured, she flew back for me and when she was about to leave to go live with her mom, I knew like okay you can't let her leave without you. So I got on the same flight and here we are."

"So a grand gesture, basically." Joshua summarized.

"Yes and no. Noel has trust issues because of family shit I'm not gonna get into so I needed to show her that I was here to stay." Jalen replied.

Joshua was quiet, immersed in his thoughts so Jalen continued, "You fucked up with that girl, already?"

Joshua blew out a breath, "Yeah, bro. I'm trying to figure it out."

"What happened?" Jalen asked.

"I broke it off before I went to college and I kinda said some fucked up shit when I did."