The World's Largest Data Centre

Tea...

   He offered me tea after spitting out what could be the key to my survival...quite literally. So I did what any sane person in my place would do.

   "With three spoons of sugar please. Thank you" I said.

   Khaordestiel, or k, chuckled and poured three spoons of sugar in my cup. He then mixed it and handed it to me. "You know" he said, "So much sugar will kill you". I laughed before replying.

   "I'm being threatened with multiple celestials and have to stop the end of the world... dying from excessive blood sugar sounds like a considerably better way to go." I said and K nodded in a face of deep thought. 

   There was a moment of silence as we both drank our tea, the sharp flavour filling my mouth and the heat warming my bones. After a while, K abruptly got up and smiled cheerfully. Raising my eyebrows, I followed suit and stood up.

   "Now" he said, pulling on his tuxedo, "Let's get you going on your way". Saying that, he pressed his hand against one of the walls and the wall opened into a huge hallway. As I walked inside, I saw hundreds of shelves, each containing thousands of blue tablet like screens that were placed parallel to each other. The tablets each had three thumb drives attached perpendicular to the handle.

< Like there things but with three thumb drives. Anyone know which game this is from?😉

Imagine the shelves to be something like a drive room, just transparent

>

   "Whoa! Where are we?" I asked in awe. K laughed and patted my back. He then motioned me to walk forward and led me to one of the shelves. On it, I saw another one of the screens. This one, however, was playing a video in it. K slid it out of its slot and handed it to me. As I payed closer attention to it, I saw two people. 

   The weirdest part was...I was one of them and K was the other.

   After staring at it in confusion for a moment, a look of realisation sparked across my face as I deduced that the screen was a recording of my present dream...the one I was in right now. I wanted to try something. I raised my hand, like a student would when answering a teacher, and after a few seconds, saw the 'me' in the video raise his hand. 

   "Cool" I exclaimed. I saw my mouth move in the video but no sound came out of it. I think you had to press the unmute button for that. Demigods can't usually use gadgets. It's been a really long time since I've operated something this advanced.

   "Where are we?" I asked in a cautious tone. K smirked like the answer should have been obvious. "We're in your head of course! These are your dreams— some have already passed and some yet to come. After all, I am the keeper of dreams." He said in a dramatic tone while spreading his hands outward for effect. My eyes widened as I looked around and saw more of the tablets. 

   Yup, all of them were my dreams. It ranged from the visit that Kronos payed me a few years ago to the somewhat recent dream about me being a monkey dancing in space.

   "Wow...I have a big head" I exclaimed. Now that I think back on it, it wasn't the brightest thing to say.

   I saw K roll his eyes before checking the watch on his wrist. He but his lower lip in frustration. He then looked up and put on a cheery face. "It's getting quite late" he said "It's time you get going on" 

   "As per my bi-daily calendar, you have one more dream up ahead." He said while pulling out a wide tablet from his pocket, one which should have been impossible to fit, and scrolling. He reminded me of Thanatos from my quest to Alaska. I wonder what the good ol' personification of Greek death is doing nowadays...

   He's probably collecting poor souls and playing angry birds.

   I saw him walk towards one of the shelves and push some buttons in one of the screens. This screen, unlike the others, was green in colour and looked to be on a timer. K then pushed the screen into its slot and placed three thumb drives on its handles. That brought me to my next question.

   "What are the thumb drives for?" I asked. "Oh that. That's just to record the dream...for quality purposes." He said and all of a sudden, I felt really conscious about myself. I felt uneasy to the fact that all the things that I dreamt about were being recorded. I wonder if he knew about...

   "Yes" K replied before I could pop the question. "I know about your ice cream dream...Trust me, that's not the worst thing here. It's crazy what people dream about" he said and shuddered. 

   "Okay...weird. But why three? Isn't one enough?" I inquired. Something about the drives just annoyed me. "Well the first one is for me, the second is for any guests and the third is for backup in case of emergencies" he said.

   "You said the second one is for guests...how often do you get guests?" I asked. K raised is eyebrows and looked at me, trying to see if I was joking or serious. "I don't get guests! You crazy?  People would mess my perfect system if I allow anyone in here!" He relied in exasperation. "What is the second thumb drive for then?!" I asked, my voice raised in irritated.

   "For the guests!" He yelled back. I raised my finger and was about to ask him what the hell he was talking about but decided against it and instead just smiled sheepishly.

   "Time for you go go now" he said, checking his watch once again, and started to press various buttons on a computer that was lying around in one of the corners. He inserted a few more screens into the slots after removing them and inspecting them. "I'll try to give you a steady dream but I were you, I wouldn't count on it" he said and all of a sudden, the world started spinning slowly.

   "Interesting friend you've got there, by the way" I heard K say, his voice now blurred into the background. "Of all the things she could ask for...she chose that! I mean like...seriously!" He said. His voice was a little more than a faint rumble, his words slurred and voice breaking.

   The world started spinning faster and darkness engulfed me. I heard K say something but my mind was in too much of an unfocused state to hear it clearly. Before I was completely submerged in the sea of darkness, I managed to catch a few words in the end.

         "—ings have one too now. As if one oracle wasn't enough!" and my mind went blank.

<Remember to vote>