Where There's a Will, There's a Wall (2)

Agent North Carolina's head pulsed with pain as her eyes opened. A low groan left her mouth as her eyesight adjusted to see an SMG and Battle Rifle trained on her.

Carolina: Wha-

Ruby: Quiet. Only talk when talked to.

Carolina: That voice. . . It's. . .

Wash: Is that you? Carolina?

Carolina: Wash? What the- Untie me!

Ruby: Nope! Not until we know that you won't try to kill anyone like you did when you got here.

Hearing it a second time and for much longer. . . Carolina knew exactly who the Magenta Girl was. . .

Carolina: Ruby. . .?

Ruby: Huh? How do you know my name?!

Carolina: What?

Wash: It's a long story, but she has amnesia. Didn't even recognize me or South when we found her.

Carolina: South's here?!

Wash: That's also a long story.

Carolina: And how are you alive? Record says your dead, Wash. Records say that you're all dead!

Ruby: We may have infiltrated the system. . . twice.

Carolina: I wasn't asking-

Ruby: And who's the one tied up and at gunpoint?

Carolina: . . .

Ruby: What I thought. . . To make a very long explanation short, we're alive, and I don't remember you, or anything from the first twenty years of my life. All I know, is that my name is Ruby Andria.

Delta: Just as a warning, Ruby is not very fond of those who threaten her friends.

Carolina: Delta. . . So York really is gone. . .

The redhead beneath the helmet sent a glare at Ruby, but it didn't even phase the Magenta Girl. . .

Wash: Let's cut to the chase, why are you here and what do you want?

Carolina: Is that really how you treat your old leader, Wash?

Wash: It's how I treat a threat. And right now, you qualify as one.

The cyan freelancer grit her teeth in frustration, but knew there was nothing she could do but comply to their wants.

Carolina: I'm here because I need to find Alpha.

Ruby: Alpha was destroyed along with most of the other AIs.

Carolina: Then what about Epsilon?

Wash: . . . Alive, but not here.

Carolina: Then let's go and get him. I know exactly where he is. And I need the help from you and the sim-troopers.

Ruby: Uh-Uh, we're not going anywhere. Why do you even need Epsilon?

Carolina: . . . I need him to find the Director.

Wash: The Director?!

Delta: Carolina, it is highly unlikely that Epsilon knows where the Director is. Many of his memories are still dormant.

Carolina: There are plenty of other leads. And I have a feeling that you all know just where those are. . . Especially you, Recovery One.

Wash: . . . The Meta.

Ruby: Oh, you've got to be kidding me.

Wash: Why do you need to find the Director?

Carolina: Rumor has it he's been in hiding every since Freelancer got brought down. . . I'm going to find him. To take him down, he has to pay for what he did to us!

Wash: I get what you mean. The Director has a lot of crimes to answer for. But the UNSC can't even find him, what makes you think we can?

Carolina: The UNSC doesn't have Freelancers. They don't have Epsilon. We do.

Ruby: Stop saying we! We don't even know if we're going yet. You didn't exactly make a very good first impression. . .

Wash: Yeah, trying to kill the people you want to help you wasn't exactly very smart.

Carolina: . . .

Suddenly, Carolina thrusted her leg forward, kicking Ruby back before breaking out of the restraints she had secretly unlocked! Caught off guard, Washington's weapon was knocked aside with the swipe of Carolina's hand before she punched him into a wall! She immediately turned and rammed into Ruby, pushing her into a wall as well! Her arm pressed against the girl's neck and pinned her to the wall! Pulling her arm back, Carolina was ready to punch Ruby, only to feel something press against her. . .

Ruby: I don't think you want to find out what this 'toy' can do.

The hilt of her energy sword was held against Carolina's abdomen. . . A second click was heard. She looked over her shoulder to see South Dakota aiming a Tactical Magnum at her head.

South: Geez, back from the dead for less than an hour and you're already acting like a bitch.

Washington had recovered and aimed his rifle at Carolina as well.

Ruby: The way it's looking right now. . . You are in no position to ask us for help. . . .