Where There's a Will, There's a Wall (3)

Carolina found herself back in restraints, this time her hands being bound in front of her for the three freelancers to make sure she wouldn't try anything funny.

Ruby: Let's try that again, shall we? Why should we help you when all you've done is try to kill us?

Carolina: I wasn't trying to. . . I was trying to-

South: Gain control? Not the best move Carolina.

Carolina: South, you know just how much the Director needs to get pay for his sins.

South: Yeah, yeah I do. Doesn't fucking matter, the UNSC'll find him eventually.

Carolina: No, not fast enough.

Wash: Carolina, we know there's more to this than just that.

Ruby: If you don't tell us why you want him gone, we're not exactly going to feel comfortable helping you, let alone stick our necks out for you.

Carolina: . . . Ugh. . .

Wash: Carol-

Carolina: If it wasn't for him. . . HE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruby/South/Wash: Jason. . .

Carolina: He was your best friend Wash. . . and Ruby. . . even if you don't fucking remember, you were close to him too. And South. . . are you really just going to let him get away with North's-

South: Don't fucking say it! We get it okay. . . Trust me, I've wanted to put a bullet in the Director's fucking head longer than you ever have.

Carolina: That's one. . .

She turned to Wash.

Wash: *sighs* I would be nice to finally end all of Freelancer. . . For him at least.

Carolina: Two. . .

Before she even turned to the last, she received an answer.

Ruby: Let's get one thing straight, Carolina. . . I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this for them. . .

Allison: I guess we've come to a decision. . .

Unfortunately for them. . . They didn't realize that once Carolina was in control, she would never let that control waver. . . Like father, like daughter.

*A Few Days Later - Memory Unit*

Leonard Church. . . Epsilon stood atop Blue Base, or rather, a replica of Blood Gulch's Blue Base in a replica of Blood Gulch. The ground shook, him and all of the copies of the Reds and Blues believing it to be the end of the world. However, he content. He had finally let her go. . . finally let Allison go. He was at peace. . . and so. . . it was the end of the Epsilon Unit. . . Unfortunately for Epsilon himself, that is not what it truly was.

Epsilon: OKAY WORLD! DO YOUR FUCKIN' WORST! Cause I sure as hell just did mine.

?: It's opening! It's working!

Epsilon: What the fuck was that?

In the sky, a blue soldier in Mark V class armor looked down on them.

Caboose: I see him! He's in there! He's okay!

Then, a red soldier appeared as well, wielding his trusty shotgun.

Sarge: What? Let me see moron. It's just a bunch of circuits.

Caboose: No, the circuits are glowing! He's alive!

Epsilon: No. . . NO! The memory unit isn't dying! This isn't the end of the world! It's a fucking rescue mission! NO!!!

Sarge: Well, get him outta there!

Epsilon: No! No! Stop it! Leave me here!

The world glowed as the AI was ejected from the Memory Unit. . . .

*A Few Moments Later*

Ghost Epsilon found himself inside a at orange facility, standing before Sarge and Caboose.

Epsilon: No, no! Dammit! Why?! Why did you do it?!

Caboose: Church! You're alive! Yeah, I knew it! Yeah, I told them! Yeah, she was right! Yeah, we could get you out!

Sarge: Alright then, we're square, Blue. We helped you get your shiny Blue buddy out, do that makes us-

Epsilon: What're you doing here?!

Caboose: Saving you! We found you in a place where they were keeping you and we traveled a really, really long way to come to this place and fought a bunch of people, and then fought a bunch of more people, and then we got here, and took you, and saved you, the end!

Epsilon: But why would you do that, why?!

Sarge: Well clearly it wasn't to hear "Thank you."

Grif: *yells* Hey, we're taking fire out here!

Epsilon: Thank you? You fucked everything up! I was at peace! I had it figured out, it was over! Put me back!

Sarge: Put you back? Buddy, we just fought through an entire military base to reach you. And now you wanna go back?!

Epsilon: YES!

Caboose: She said we need you, she was the one who knew how to get you out.

Epsilon: She? Who are you talking about? Tex? The real Tex? Ruby?

Caboose: Tex, Ruby? No, not them. The new lady.

Epsilon: New lady?

The blast doors opened. . . The Cyan Freelancer making her appearance. . .

Carolina: Hey there, Alpha. . . Been looking for you for a long time.

Epsilon: Oh no. . .

Carolina: Now that I found you, you're gonna help me do what I should've done years ago. . . You're gonna help me kill the Director. . . .