30.001 - Beauty

This is an optional decimal chapter. ;)

Other than the fact that Cross calls Nightmare 'Dad,' there's nothing too important here.

~~~~~

I had been with Nightmare's gang for three years and eight months at this time, and a major breakthrough had been made: Cross had started calling Nightmare 'Dad.' Now everyone but Error and Nightmare himself called him dad. Error had the excuses of possibly being older than Nightmare and being more of a cousin or uncle, so we were all right with his refusal; Nightmare calling himself dad would just be weird. Other than the breakthrough, everything was rather normal: we went to school, worked, and played with eachother. We didn't stick together all the time, though; the others knew I had somewhat of a passion for photography, and about once a week, I would spend a few hours in a beautiful universe, taking pictures in a secluded area. I would always come back with spectacular pictures of nature and wildlife, sometimes even plants Nightmare didn't believe existed, which intrigued him, since he had multiple books about nature. This week, I had decided to take pictures of Outertale, which was already known to be beautiful, so I was confident that I would get some good photos. While my teleportation was gone, I could still summon portals, so that was good for me.

Papyrus wasn't really into pictures like I was, and decided to stay home and play with Chara; they had become best friends over the past half a year. Papyrus is the best. When I arrived in Outertale, I found myself in a spot devoid of monsters or humans, and decided that it was perfect. I was surrounded in absolute beauty, and I was alone - actually, nevermind; there was enough beauty here to constitute someone else. I could talk to the space plants if I wanted to. One of the first things I noticed on the ground was a large tree with star-shaped decorations littering its branches. If I wasn't so captivated by its design, I probably would have questioned how a tree was surviving in space, but I didn't think about that. The tree had brilliant blue and purple leaves which complimented the theme of Outertale; few trees actually had green leaves, opting rather for blue, purple, yellow, orange, or even red, which I believed was from lack of chlorophyll, allowing other pigments to shine through in their radiance and create the majesty of the Stardin forest.

I took a few pictures of the tree, along with some others, before noticing a few flowers scattered around. Their colors matched the trees, with magnificent shades of every color imaginable (except green, for reasons already revealed), creating an almost hypnotic allure to them; Outertale truly was beautiful. One flower in particular captivated my interest; it was a flower with purple leaves layered like a spiral staircase that led to the top, which housed a vibrant blue crown of petals. Inside the crown was a yellow pistil with a stigma that was shaped like a star; I had never seen anything quite like this flower, which was more than enough reason to take many pictures of the wonder. As I continued taking photos, I didn't see another flower like that one, which only added to the beauty of its unique design. After taking about a hundred pictures of the wonderful scenery, I took a little walk through the forest, admiring the delicate features in every form of life that surrounded me; I felt rather at peace, which was comforting to me.

When I was ready to get a better look at the starry atmosphere, I climbed a purple tree and glanced upwards; the stars were astronomically astonishing. Outertale was known for frequent shooting stars and comets whizzing by, so I had my camera recording the sky as I gazed in awe at the magnificent spectacle. All the stars lit up the scene, acting as beacons to guide the way through the galaxy and painting a breathtaking picture in this beauteous universe. As I let myself lower my gaze back to the ground, I felt as if I had taken enough photos and videos and opened a portal to my room. I felt exhausted - probably because I hadn't slept in about a day - and all I wanted was to curl up in my bed and fall asleep, which was exactly what I did after I placed my camera in its position on my dresser. I felt soothed as the dust clouded my vision, bringing to my attention the fact that I had descended into another dusty nightmare. 

The multiverse certainly was beautiful.

~~~decimal end woot~~~

Dust bean take photos.

Thanks for reading my descriptive writing!

Bye!