41 - Kid

The plan we had in mind to break Error out of prison was one of the craziest plans in the history of the multiverse, but it had to work. The kid was going to fall in one day, and we had to be ready; Ink had already taken control of my universe and given a notice that the Sans and Papyrus were missing - we had the worst luck, but we had to get the kid on our side. We already had a portal ready to be created straight into the ruins, where we would take the kid and leave. As much as I would have loved to see the kid thrown in a prison cell, they were an experienced fighter, and we could have used some help. At the moment, Papyrus, Chara, and I were in the living room, staring at my birthday cake from four years ago.

"Do we eat it?" Paps wondered.

"Monster food doesn't go bad.." Chara pointed out.

"Should we wait?" I pondered. "What if the others want cake when they come back to life?"

"That is a valid point, brother." Paps hummed.

"This is boring." Chara complained.

"Usually, Killer would be..dragging me around.." I sighed.

"Don't be sad, brother!" Paps pulled me onto his lap and hugged me tightly. "They will be back soon!"

"Yeah..you're the best, Paps."

"We have a few hours until the child is due to fall; what should we do?"

"We could take a nap.."

"When is the last time you slept, brother?"

"Um..when I finished our Last Hope."

"You need sleep, brother."

Papyrus laid me down on the couch we were on and bid me sleep; I was honestly really tired, and I fell asleep rather quickly. Going without sleep for these periods of time was really taking a toll on me. As I descended into a dusty nightmare, I still wasn't bothered, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I usually did, since I was going to do something that went against everything I had ever done; I really did despise that kid, but I would have had to curb my murderous tendencies in order to save my family. I had spent most of my life fighting and killing the kid, and now I was supposed to save them? I would do it for my family, and only for my family; I would have done anything for my family, including putting up with the one being I hated the most. I mentally prepared myself for the moment when I would have to refrain from killing and hoped I wouldn't ruin it. I couldn't ruin it; it was our only chance to save Error. When I awoke, Paps was carrying me; we were in the ruins.

"Ugh..is it time?" I pulled my hood further over my skull.

"Yes, brother, it is time for us to save the child." Paps enlightened.

"I'm going to hate this, aren't I?"

"Be quiet and save your kid." Chara ordered.

"It's not my kid!"

"Your universe. Your kid."

"I have the insatiable desire to stab something."

"Please don't stab the child, brother." Papyrus reminded.

"Fine.."

Paps put me down right next to the flowerbed, where I was stared down by golden flowers; I didn't acknowledge them, opting to look upward, towards the ceiling. It was actually a steep drop, and I wondered how the kid survived every time; I guess they were lucky. Before long, a figure began to fall from the sky - the kid. I positioned myself under the figure and prepared to catch it - unwillingly, of course. When the figure fell into my arms, it was surprisingly light. I summoned every ounce of self-control I could muster in order to not kill the kid right then and there.