49 - Fear

It had been five years and a month since Ink was overthrown, and everything was running pretty smoothly. The school was pretty much a requirement for any new universes that discovered the multiverse, since there was so much information to be gained from it, and it was generally fun meeting a bunch of different beings that went through mostly the same experiences you did. Most of the others in my family had opened up little side classes pertaining to their favorite things, since Nightmare said it would teach responsibility; I was urged to do it as well, since apparently it was enjoyable, and after a few months of repetitive requests, I finally gave in and instituted a class about monster dust. Literally nobody came the first day, which I wasn't arguing about; you'd have to be insane to want to learn about monster dust, right? The second day, I was a bit surprised when there was a full class; I guess I wasn't the only insane being in the multiverse. I pretty much just taught about what I knew, and the students seemed interested, oddly enough. It was all right; I didn't really think I was too cut out for teaching, though. That was a couple weeks ago, and it was only a ten minute class once a week; I was willing to do it for my family.

I was currently helping Error with a few things in his room, since he preferred living in the school than the Anti-Void most of the time; his job was a bit stressful, but we helped him whenever we could, and it gave us time to talk to him, too! He was currently dealing with a lot of paperwork for some unknown reason. 

"Could you hand me those files, please?" Error requested.

"Sure thing." I handed him the aforementioned files. "Why is there so much here?"

"I have no clue; there wasn't anything yesterday, and now everybody has problems?"

"Is it always like this?" 

"No, but occasionally it is; thanks for helping out."

"No problem, it's the least I can do."

"We really should be thankful that you can do anything."

"Really.." I sighed.

"Sorry..didn't mean to make you remember."

"It's all right.."

"So, Nightmare told me you've been having bad feelings?"

"Yeah.."

"Any idea what they're about?"

"Unfortunately."

"Mind if I ask?"

"Ink.."

"Oh..you mean.."

"Yeah."

"I've had those before..can't do anything about it until it comes, can you?"

"No, I'm preparing for the worst."

"I see..anything I can do to help?"

"Just..be there?"

"Sure. You've done more than enough for me for that." Error smiled and hugged me; this was definitely an uncle moment. "We'll always love you, Dust."

"Thanks. I love you guys too."

"Oh, I forgot something!"

"What?"

"I promised to take some of the representatives on a field trip to a preserved corrupt AU; it's really unstable. I have to go; bye Dust!"

"Bye!"

I giggled as Error zoomed out the door; he was always so busy. I remembered when he was rarely ever busy - those days were fun. I walked out the door and down the long hallway, saying hello to a few of the representatives as I passed them; I wasn't really sure whether to call them representatives or students - I called them both. They didn't seem to mind what I called them, which made it rather easy when I couldn't remember a nickname; remembering hundreds of nicknames would have been absolutely crazy. I unfortunately had to pass the basement door a lot, and I was on edge every time I did it, knowing who was down there; I had never been as afraid of anyone as I was of Ink. When I passed the door, the dreadful feeling I had always increased, as if something bad would happen if I ever opened that door-