50 - Visit

It had been six years since Ink was overthrown, and the state of the multiverse continued to improve. The school was currently having a break for a holiday, meaning the students would be out for about two weeks, and it also meant the house was almost empty! Although we enjoyed having the students around, a bit of silence was always nice; they were a bit loud at times. I wasn't exactly sure what holiday we were breaking for, but if it gave me two weeks of peace, I wasn't going to question it. I was currently sitting in the living room with Papyrus, getting some needed rest; I had seen to every student's safe departure, and it was tiring. Paps was a comfortable pillow; he was the best pillow. I didn't think he minded being a pillow, since he was actually the one who made me sleep; I had really grown out of my old habits. In the past, I would have slept all day if I could, until I snapped, that is; after that, I would rarely sleep. I didn't want to sleep: there was so much to do when I was awake! I really only slept when I was exhausted or Paps told me to, since I would never say no to Paps. He always looked out for me.

I was still having those nightmares that Ink triggered somehow; the others had attempted to reason with him, but he only replied with saying that they'd stop if I came to see him. I wasn't going to go see him; I could live with the nightmares - they were only that, anyway: nightmares. When I woke up, I was still curled up in Papyrus's lap, and he was looking down at me happily; I guess I slept long enough to satisfy him.

"Good night, bro." I greeted, looking up at him.

"Good night, brother!" Paps returned. "Did you have a restful sleep?"

"Yeah. You're the best, Paps."

"I am the Great Papyrus!"

"Is he awake now?" Killer was nearby. "I wanna play!"

"I suppose you can play now; my brother has received sufficient rest!"

"Finally!"

Killer grabbed my wrist and began to run as fast as he could around the house; with no large crowds to avoid, he was able to go at ridiculous speeds, such as ninety miles per hour. We never really questioned how he could run that fast, opting rather to just avoid him when we heard footsteps approaching us. When we were running through a certain hallway, he slowed down and eventually stopped; I guess he noticed that I was a bit tired out. I still hadn't increased my endurance much, even with a lot of exercise; I attributed it to my magic deficency, since I really should have had more endurance than I did with all the training I was doing. As we slowed, I noticed that I was more tired than I had thought, and Killer did too.

"Are ya okay, Dusty?" Killer wondered.

"Yeah..just a bit..tired." I panted.

"But ya just slept!"

"You were running for half an hour." 

"True..sorry Dusty.." 

"Where did we stop, anyway?" I had a headache.

"Oh, this's..." Killer paused. "We should move."

"Why?" I grasped my skull; it hurt.

"Just..come on."

"Okay.."

Killer grabbed my wrist and slowly walked away from the hallway, but my headache didn't get any better; I didn't understand it. One second I was completely fine, and the next, I was in pain. Killer seemed to notice my distress, and he walked slightly faster in response; he said he was taking me to Nightmare - Nightmare was always good with curing headaches. When we found Nightmare, he was in the library, obviously very focused on sorting books; he always made time for us, though - he was the best dad; if Paps ever became a dad, he would be the best dad, though. Nightmare turned to look at us when Killer made our presence known, and he looked rather worried about me.