Epilogue

Davey spun the ring around his finger with his thumb, scrolling through another essay.

It had been a few years, a few, very rough years. No one is perfect, no one's love life is perfect. There had been times where Davey walked out, Jack slept on the couch, (because even pissed at each other Jack wouldn't let Davey be uncomfortable) or they didn't speak for days. But in the end, they pulled through.

Jack had proposed at the Mexican restaurant, right when the clock struck midnight and a new year had started. It was very clever in Davey's opinion, and of course made him cry, quite a bit.

All their friends were there, and they all swore they would never go out for New Years' again. Crowds still were not their thing.

Both had graduated college, successfully, and Jack had gotten a job right off the bat. Davey was ecstatic when Jack told him he had booked a show on Broadway.

"I always knew you would make it!" Davey had practically squealed as he lunged at Jack in a hug.

That was the happiest he had ever seen Jack at the time. It was a little harder for Davey, he really wanted to teach and it had taken a few months to get off the ground.

A position opened up at his old high school in Queens and naturally, he applied for it. Now he was teaching freshman English. That was a trip.

A flower and a to-go cup of coffee were set on Davey's desk. He looked up to be met with Jack's huge smile. God his smile. Davey couldn't put enough words together to describe it, so he just settled for perfect.

Davey immediately jumped up and hugged him "What are you doing here? You said you wouldn't be home until late!" He was beyond happy.

"Surprise!" Jack held him tightly, spinning him around. It was moments like this, both happy and giggly, acting like teenagers. It was these moments that Davey loved the most, these moments that Jack held onto for as long as possible.

"I'm taking off for a while. I miss you too much." Jack pulled away to look at Davey.

"Well, I'll still be gone all day." Davey raised an eyebrow, "Now how is that going to work hm?"

A smile played at the corner of Jack's lips, "Who says I'm staying home all day?"

Davey laughed, grabbing the coffee off the desk and taking a sip, "Hey if you want to finish grading these essays I'm all for it." He smirked.

Jack's face twisted into one of playful disgust, "Yea I'll just stay home."

Davey laughs again, taking another sip of coffee. He looked over Jack's shoulder at the clock on the wall. He hadn't planned on leaving for another hour, but Jack had taken his time off to spend with Davey, "I suppose I could call it a day now."

He turned to grab the flower and his coat, turning off his computer.

"Mexican place?" Jack took Davey's hand, that dumb smile never left his face.

"You read my mind." Davey kissed his temple as they left the classroom.

So now our story has come to a close. And I'm here once again to ask you a familiar question.

Do you believe in love?