bonus chapter!

THANK YOU FOR 20K WTF

"Jesus! Are you kidding me?!" Sykkuno gasps, and little does he know, it's not the only time this evening that he will be uttering these words.

"What?" Corpse says, looking up from his menu.

"Everything is so expensive here!" He whisper shouts.

"Come on, I think we deserve to have good food."

"But this is really expensive." He looks worried.

Corpse sighs, the evening definitely not going as he planned. "Do you want to go somewhere else, if this isn't what you want?"

Sykkuno sighs too. "Look, I don't want to upset you. I just– I don't want you to put a hole in your pocket just for us to have a good time. We could hang out by the garbage disposal place and I'd still enjoy it, you know that."

Corpse smiles at that slightly. "Let's leave then?"

So they leave the restaurant giving a reason about someone close dying at the reception and make a rushed exit. They giggled about it the whole time till they get a cab and then they end up taking a detour to a bar where they get shit faced.

It's an eerily quiet night. When drinks are enough for the both of them, they stumble out and Corpse calls a cab with blurry eyes. They decide on sitting on one of the benches along the sidewalk – preferably one which is not covered with pigeon shit.

The night is still young. Corpse looks at Sykkuno, who's resting his head against Corpse's arm, which is draped on the back of the bench. His face is alight, either the stars or the street light casting a glow on his face. Or he could just be extremely happy. He looks at peace as he sits there in the night. Corpse couldn't be feeling any different.

"Would you marry me?" He asks, abruptly.

"What?!" Sykkuno almost shouts, eyes opening in alarm.

"Marry me? Please?" He pleads, as if he expects Sykkuno to say no.

"Jesus! Are you kidding me?!" Sykkuno finds himself saying for the second time this night. "You weren't supposed to ask!"

"What–?"

"You weren't supposed to ask!" He repeats. "I was going to propose to you in a week, when we'd be in Venice! I've got the ring and all at home!"

"You're kidding– are you serious?"

"Yes!" Sykkuno shouts.

"So that's a yes?"

"Yes!" Sykkuno shouts, louder.

"Oh my god!" Corpse shouts, too, and leans in to kiss him.

The kiss ends up just being a clash of teeth, because neither of them can stop smiling.

"Ah, this is perfect." Corpse breathes out.

"Perfect-er than perfect."

"That's not a word."

"It is now." Sykkuno smiles, burrowing deeper in Corpse's arms.

"Hope that's what you think about our wedding too."

"Oh Jesus!" Sykkuno shouts. "We're gonna get married!"

Corpse laughs. "It's gonna keep hitting you, isn't it?"

"Totally." Sykkuno responds, bewildered.

They stay there for a quiet few minutes. Basking in the glory of the night. The moon glows full, brightening up the street with its borrowed light. The stars shine to their fullest, but not enough to light up the sky. It's a beauteous night.

"How crazy would it be if we got married right now?" Sykkuno thinks out loud.

"Like a court marriage?"

"Like a court marriage." He nods.

"The City Hall isn't far away."

"What are you saying, Corpse?"

"I'm saying it wouldn't be pretty crazy."

Sykkuno looks up at him; Corpse looks down with a grin.

"Don't give me glass dreams."

"Could never." Corpse shakes his head. An excited smile starts forming on Sykkuno's face.

"Are we doing this?"

"Hells yeah."

So, they detour to the City Hall on their way home.

"Hello!" Sykkuno squeals when the door opens and reveals Rae.

"Oh my god, what are you doing here?!" She screams and moves to hug him.

"We came to see you!" Corpse answers, hugging her next.

"That's great! Oh my god, come in."

They find Toast and Poki in the kitchen, eating ice cream, they shoot up from their seats to come and hug them both.

"Not that I'm not happy to see you, but what's the occasion for this visit?" Poki asks, handing them both a cup of ice cream each.

Sykkuno looks at Corpse and he looks back. They're both smiling too wide for anyone to think anything normal.

"We got married." Sykkuno reveals.

"What the fuck?!", "Wait– WHAT?" and "Oh my god," are the three replies that they recieve.

They're bombarded with numerous questions and Sykkuno and Corpse decide to stay the night, afterall, answering their stupid questions with the enthusiasm and adrenaline still rushing in their veins. They plan on having a wedding sometime, but haven't decided on it just yet. They tell them all about the City Hall marriage and show them the Polaroid pictures that they clicked. Sykkuno shows them pictures of the ring that he bought for Corpse, while teasing Corpse about not getting a ring before he proposed.

Corpse steps aside to call Meredith to let her know, and by the sniffles accompanied by laughs that he hears come from balcony, Sykkuno assumes that he conversation goes well.

They spend the whole night up, dopamine and caffeine helping them do so. Even when the rest fall asleep, Sykkuno and Corpse stay up, giggling and kissing and whispering soft words to each other.

By the time sun rises, all their friends would know about their instinctive wedding. So they slip out of the apartment after covering their friends in blankets.

The beautiful night sky now fades away as morning starts fading in. Hand in hand, they decide to walk till their legs tire, stopping more than often to kiss in the streets.