Running

Hello! Thanks for checking out my story! If you enjoy consider checking out my other dsmp books 😏 enjoy!

To preface: all 'relationships' within this book refer to the fictional cannon characters, and not the physical people. The point of this book is to give the reader the experience of being in the SMP as all the events play out, but of course, with their own unique background, etc. A lot of these stories on the app are more about relationships but this story is DreamSMPxReader so actual relationships won't be that intense, as to not make any content creators uncomfortable. If you're chill with that, then have a good time, and enjoy!
___________________________
(Your character is y/n. I AM CURRENTLY WORKING MY WAY BACK THROUGH THE CHAPTERS TO MAKE EVERYTHING MORE CUSTOMIZABLE AND INCLUSIVE TO EVERYONE) my apologies if as you're reading it there are things I haven't gotten around to fixing yet. Enjoy :)

Three months. That's how long I have been running. From my kingdom. From my people. From the last few allies who trusted me with everything. And I burned it down to nothing. I walked across the barren mountain top, wind blowing my cloak behind me. I clenched my hands into fists, attempting to reserve what little heat retained in them. My dark brown battle attire was great for swift combat, but not for cold nights on snowy mountain tops. In the sea-level castle I used to reside in, this was never a problem.

I really fucked up.

I felt the cold snowflakes hit my forearms, visible for a short time on my skin, before fading away. I reached a small rock at the tip of the slope, and figured it better than nothing to set up night's camp. I set up a makeshift bed of sorts, more of a rug and straw pillow. I didn't mind anymore. Although several long years of castle luxury was hard to forget, I didn't mind the rough conditions. I've faced worse. I reached in my satchel and rummaged around, emerging with a vile of water, a half loaf of stale bread, and two sore excuses for carrots. What am I doing? I wish ̶̱̎̚͠.̵̧̩̚ ̵̠̹͂͗̿ ̶̣͋ͅ.̷̢̫͆̓͝ ̶̹͝.̶̪͂͝ ̸͎̪̱́͝.̴͙̉́ ̵̺͙̼̃.̵̹̞̠͊ ̸̲̩̊͌̐.̶̦̩̈̿̇ ̵̼̩͍̕͠.̶̩͊̂̔ ̸̻̰͚̍̓̌.̴̭̰͚́͌͝ ̵̠͆̅̆.̶̡̞͕͒̌ was here. He would tell me what to do. But I haven't seen him since I was 12. Went under the castle tunnels and never returned. Exiled for something he couldn't control.

I ate my measly meal and prepared to call it a night. I pondered looking over the other edge of the mountain, to see if maybe, just maybe, there would be a glimpse of hope down below. I edged to the end of the mountain flat, looking down at my leather strapped boots. But I knew I'd be disappointed. There was nothing beyond the kingdom I fled from. I turned back, looking at my fresh snowy footprints, already being covered up by newly fallen snow. But then I saw something. Out of the corner of my eye there was a light. I turned back to see a large two story house sitting in a field way out beyond the mountain. I squinted to make out some sort of flag hanging above it all.

People.

Real people, and not just abandoned villages and monsters.

But they could be unfriendly, I thought. No matter. People meant food and a place to stay, and maybe even friends. And if they are hostile, I would fight. The likelihood of them, whoever they are, receiving daily combat lessons from a royal trainer since they could hold a weapon is low. Tomorrow, I will enter this strange new place. I gripped the handle of my brother's netherite sword.

The easy way, or the hard way.

NEW READERS PLEASE READ!

I need your help! I have gone back through this story and rewrote parts to be more inclusive to everyone. If at any point you see somewhere where the hair, eye, or skin color is not customizable, or anything else that doesn't fit and can be more personalized: PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I want everyone to enjoy this story equally, and younger high school me writing this didn't think about that, so do not hesitate to tag me where you find errors!

happy reading!