Chapter Forty Eight

Radio Call Signs and specialties for each team member:

Axel - Alpha One - leader of Alpha team

Grayson - Alpha Two - hand to hand / knives

Austin - Alpha Three - explosives

Hawk - Alpha Four - sniper

Declan - Bravo One - leader of Bravo team

Marcus - Bravo Two - sniper

Pierce - Bravo Three - sniper

Caleb - Bravo Four - medical / knives

**********************

Caleb ~

Pierce's words spiked Caleb's adrenaline as he lifted Lainey gently out of his lap, settling her onto the couch and quickly joined the group.

"How many and how far out?" Declan asked into the radio

"Bout two klicks down the road. Four maybe five large vehicles."

Fuck.

Nate had chosen that safe house based on its remote location and if vehicles were coming down the road, it was because they were headed straight for the house. Axel and Grayson immediately went to unpack the rifles and ammunition from their cases, readying themself for a firefight while Marcus reached for the ammunition that Pierce and Hawk would need up top on the roof.

"Lemme run that extra ammo up to Pierce and Hawk." Marcus said, taking the cases under his arms as he headed up the stairs toward the rooftop terrace.

Caleb, checked his own rifle along with the magazines for both of the glocks he had with him and shot his eyes over to his sleeping Lainey. She was going to be terrified, but Caleb was confident in his team and knew no harm would come to her.

"Bravo Three, Sitrep." Declan said into the radio asking Pierce for a situation report on what was going on outside.

"Five vehicles total, old ass military humvees, fast approaching."

"Lock and load boys, guess they decided to bring the party to us tonight." Axel said, securing his rifle across his chest.

Five humvees...if they had each vehicle at capacity that could be between thirty to forty men. Thirty to forty armed men coming after my Lainey...

Caleb quickly pulled a kevlar vest from his bag and went straight to Lainey who was still sleeping peacefully on the couch.

"Lainey baby, wake up." Caleb said, trying to wake her up gently, yet forcefully.

She blinked her eyes open with a smile that quickly faded once she saw Caleb's concerned expression and saw him lowering the vest over her head.

"I need you to put this on okay?" Caleb said, sliding the vest on over her head and tightening it on one side as she started to become more awake and aware.

"What's going on Caleb?" Lainey said in a shaky voice as she registered the men in the room all carrying out various tasks readying themselves for combat.

"Got a couple unwelcome visitors outside. Nothin we can't handle." Caleb said, giving her a reassuring smile.

Lainey's eyes went wide with fear and the sight gutted Caleb.

"Take a deep breath sweetheart. We got this...Look around Lainey girl, does anyone here look panicked?" Caleb asked, prompting Lainey to turn and watch the men around her.