VII

Demigod of the underworld, darkness harbors in you that even I have yet to transcend.

I woke up startled, sea-green eyes wide and wet hair matted to my forehead. I swallowed a lump in my throat as I squinted and looked around the room I was in.

My left hand pulsed with a dull sting, but I simply assumed it was because I slept on it. "Dumb bed, with its dumb hand-murdering pillows," I murmured to myself as I rolled my shoulders back to release any tension.

Albeit waking up in a cold sweat as per usual, surprisingly I felt a lot calmer this morning than all others, as if I had passed off a burdening weight to another set of shoulders.

I exhaled, my eyes drawing to the bright window that the sun mercilessly scorched. I grumbled as I walked over to pull the blinds, "Damn Apollo, can't you ride your stupid bus a little bit higher for Gods' sake," I quietly complained.

I don't like mornings if you couldn't tell.

Walking down the stairs slowly, my weight crushing beneath my shoes I sombered over to the dining hall, whispering about how hungry I was and cursing out a certain Olympian God.

"Good afternoon, Perseus," a low yet amused tone carried across the large lodging. I grinned a little bit as I saw the crazed wizard dressed in all purple, "Can it you old coot, before I show you what happens to funky looking clowns, like yourself, down in Manhattan."

Killing the master warlock would be effortless, don't you agree?

Albus laughed at my playful threat and motioned to the endless plates of breakfast and lunch items scattered around where he sat. I walked over shaking my head, not noticing the slight shock of pain that had welled up in my left hand once again.

I pulled out a chair diagonal from my white bearded friend, grabbing a bowl of what looked like chicken noodle soup.

"So care to tell me where you've been for the last few days? It's barely been a month since we visited Olivander and you started teaching me, then you just dipped without a word."

Grabbing a wooden spoon from the right side of my bowl I began quickly counting how many small wedges of chicken were in my bowl.

After I finished, I quickly noticed that my previous use of slang confused him. I cleared up what I meant before he could question, "To dip kinda just means to leave," I blew on the soup I had gathered in my spoon.

Albus nodded, "I understand... as for where I departed to; I was eagerly rushed back to Hogwarts to arrange a school festivity that my academy shall be hosting next school year."

I nodded with the soup in my mouth, "MmhMHh," I acknowledged, stuffing my face, "Sounds like fun," I pointed the spoon at him, "What you doin? Spell talent show, or something of the like?"

Albus threw his typical grin, "Something of the like," he mimicked me. I rolled my eyes, grabbing a piece of bread from across the table.

"Anyways, are we resuming your boring lectures now that you've made your graceful return?" I asked sarcastically, taking an inhumanly large bite out of the bread I gripped in my right hand.

Albus rose from his seat as he adjusted his crescent glasses, "I don't believe so, you've quickly nailed, as you called it, all of the theoretical lessons that are required."

"Ohmhh Sweethhm," I exclaimed, mouth full to the brim. Albus smiled, "Yes indeed, it is most definitely worthy of an 'oh sweet', young Perseus."

I finished swallowing the damn TITANIC in its carb form, "So what's next, you want me to go to this hogmarty school of yours now, or maybe you gonna teach me how to actually cast the spells?"

Albus pulled out his wand and swatted my hand as I reached for BREAD ODYSSEY. "As much as I would enjoy enhancing your potential to its fullest, I'm afraid I must focus on the affairs at Hogwarts-"

I mouthed the word Hogwarts mockingly as he emphasized it. Albus continued after rolling his eyes at my behavior, "since the protection of one of my students is at stake."

Kill the warlock and the warlock's pig that's been raised for slaughter. You know you want to.

I glanced at the ring on my left hand as a jolt of a burning sensation took my attention away from Albus' conversation. "Did you say something?"

Albus shook his head confused, "Hardly, unless you are referring to when I mentioned I'll be taking my leave later this evening in order to protect one of my students."

I nodded, my eyebrows furrowed. I could've sworn I heard a voice.

"Anyways, Perseus... I quite honestly cannot promise a date I will return by; I assume I shall be available to guide you to Hogwarts come next school year, so until then I expect you to master your theoretical skills into becoming practical skills."

I groaned, Albus had given me multiple books with more pages than grains of sand in the sahara desert, however I was more shocked at the time that I could read the text, more so than my reaction to the amount of scripture.

"Whatever, Albus, no promises," I feigned a yawn and kicked up my feet onto the table. I heard my senior friend mutter a charm under his breath as he flicked his wand at my legs, causing me to be thrown from my seat to the ground.

I chuckled as I slowly got to my feet and patted the dust off my pants, "You sly little witch," I threatened playfully, "You're lucky I can't cast any of those curses at you yet, but just wait until next year."

Albus shook his head as he stood from his chair, "I will be eagerly waiting for the challenge," he started walking to the door, his footsteps and the muffled noises from outside the inn vibrating the dining hall.

He stopped with his hand held against the door frame. Dumbledore seemed to quietly murmur something to himself before pushing the door open. "Until next year, young Perseus."

"It's Percy, you crazy coot!" I called after him, my words barely reaching him before the Leaky Cauldron's entrance was shut.

I sighed as I thought about all the books that were in my room. I was going to have to read them all over again as I practiced the skills laid out in the leathered parchments.

The fact I couldn't use a wand worried me, perhaps with enough practice I could master the tool; although the time that it may take to safely educate myself, with no teacher, could be problematic.

Reaching for another spoonful of soup, I sighed once more, "a little less than a year, huh?" My brain racked with vivid images of me using amazing spells: like turning food blue.

A small grin stretched onto my face.

"That'll be just enough time."

This chapter is pretty short compared to the other ones, but I wanted to get the material to all of you as soon as possible! 

This is basically half way through chapter seven, so the next chapter will basically be part 2! 

I hope you're enjoying this crossover! 

- ANAKx