thirty nine.

Jordyns thoughts-bold italic.
Bella's thoughts-italic.

THE NEXT WEEK goes by fast, its now Christmas

THE NEXT WEEK goes by fast, its now Christmas. The Volturi will be arriving tomorrow.

During the last week, Jordyn and Bella learned how to further extend their shields over everybody, they feel confident in that aspect of their gift now.

They were also trained on how to fight, which Jordyn found fun, but wasn't very good at — Emmett and some of the wolves promised to protect her, though, which made her smile.

Outside, little bits of snow float around the air, coating the trees in white. Its sticking.

Jordyn tries not to give it too much attention—which is extremely difficult. Though, spending Christmas at her dads house is helping a little bit.

She smiles at Sue who was sits on the arm rest of Charlies chair, her arm draped over his shoulders. He looks happy, it may be a good last time to see him if things go badly tomorrow, Jordyn shakes that thought away.

Bella passes him an envelope, "We didn't have time to wrap it, but here it is."

Charlie fiddles with the white paper, "It's a five day fishing trip to Fraser river." Jordyn tells him.

The girls got the gift for their dad together, to get him away from where dozens of vampires will be, and just because it was something they knew he'd enjoy.

Bella scoffs at her, "Jordyn." She says almost scoldingly.

Jordyn purses her lips, "Sorry."

Charlie laughs at the girls bickering, it feels normal.

"It's for you and Sue," Bella shrugs.

"You're leaving tomorrow." Jordyn tells him, grabbing a present with her name on it from under the tree.

"It's great, girls. Thanks."

"You're welcome, dad." Jordyn says and then rips open her gift, which is a pair of socks that has her grumbling.

***

JORDYN SITS DOWN on a log next to Jacob, not minding the smell.

Vladimir and Stefan had told everyone the story of their empire, the time when they ruled over all and were worshipped by all.

Jordyn didn't necessarily enjoy the story, only because they kept casting creepy glances her way all throughout their story.

When they finished telling it and someone else began to speak, they stared at her.

"Okay, um, I think I'm gonna go over there..." Jordyn announces, wanting to peel away from the creepy stares sent by the two old vampires.

Jordyn stands up and runs over far enough way that no one will be able to hear her, she pulls her phone out of the back pocket of her jeans and dials the familiar number, she presses the phone up to her ear and listens to the phone ring. After no one answers, she aggressively shoves the device back into her pocket.

She's been calling Caius everyday, and everyday he doesn't answer.

Not that she's really expecting him to, but a little part hopes he would.

She frowns and sits down on a fallen tree, growing anxious.

edited:11/26/22