The Tournament - Pt. 2

Michi grinned at Mina, who had a completely defeated look on her face.

"Seriously, you're my first match?" she complained. "This tournament is rigged, me and Sero and Ochako got screwed over."

"How?" Michi laughed. "Going against strong opponents is part of how a tournament works. You can't just kick the powerful ones out."

"See? You're already talking like you've won, and you never brag," she pouted. The expression was really cute, and for some reason he almost wanted to just let her have the win. That would be pretty stupid, though, and it was very unlikely that it would actually make her like him more. Hmm, hormones and puberty and all that shit are a bitch. He didn't like Mina that much, jeez.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I brag all the time," he defended.

"Making fun of your opponent isn't the same as talking yourself up," Mina said, rolling her eyes. "That's the difference between you and Kacchan; it's sass versus ego."

"That's fair, I guess," he conceded. "I should talk about how awesome I am more from now on."

Before she could respond, Midnight cooed loudly. "I was supposed to start the fight a bit ago, but I can't help but love the little lover's quarrel you two have got going on. I almost don't want to make you fight anymore... Oh, well! Match, start!"

The whip cracked, and Michi ignored the slight blush on his face and ran at Mina. He didn't know why that got to him; he'd been damn near emotionless ever since he could remember being split from Izuku, and yet he was embarrassed about a crush? Why did he even have a crush?

One of the main purposes of his personality being created was to avoid getting connected with people, so he wouldn't be affected when they died. For reasons, that didn't apply to Eri. Maybe it was because Mina was a direct tie to his old life and the event that sent him down this path?

At any rate, he didn't have time to worry about that yet because he was currently in the middle of a fight. Regeneration was pretty great, but acid still hurt like hell, so he avoided it like the plague. Luckily, Mina was very careful not to directly attack him with the acid, preferring to use her own physical prowess to fight him and only using her acid to increase her mobility. Very creative, actually, and surprisingly effective.

The look on her face when she used her quirk was so determined it almost looked scared. Goddamn, did everyone in this class have trauma with their quirks? No, that was stupid, it was just all his closest friends. And honestly, what did he expect? It was literally acid coming from her skin, of course there was going to be an accident or two before she got it under control. He wondered if she would let him get close enough with her to share what had happened, and if he could help her work past it.

Oh, did Mina know that her quirk gave her physical enhancements as well? Michi had always wondered how the horns, pink skin, and black sclera of her eyes were related to her acid quirk. Anyway, she was already stronger than what should be possible with her body, and her results in the quirk assessment test had been inhuman for someone with a supposedly unhelpful quirk.

(I actually bothered to check, and Aoyama got 5.51 seconds for the 50m dash. We don't see Mina's time, but we do see her beat him. For reference, the current world record is 5.56 for men and 5.96 for women)

Michi narrowly dodged one of her kicks; in the interest of fairness, he didn't want to use Analysis to predict her moves. Mina had become an incredible martial artist for only having trained for two weeks. Between their class training sessions, her background as a dancer, and her enhanced physical abilities, she was a force to be reckoned with even without her acid. Again, he should really try to focus if he didn't want to actually lose.