CHAPTER 08

AVAIL

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

TORD closes his eyes, and easily falls asleep. It feels nice, he finally gets to relax his sore muscles. But of course, it had been cut short with his sudden nightly terrors. He tosses and turns around his bed, no matter what position, he can never find himself get comfortable. He wakes up with a jolt, bloodshot eyes in the dark room. Ripping off the bedsheets off him, he jumps out of the bed and glances at the bedside clock that displayed the current time—2:03AM.
As always. He thinks with a scowl. His eyes hurt and his vision is blurring. Do I need glasses now?  He wonders. He slowly makes his way to the kitchen to get the painkillers, hoping he doesn't pass out and Tom doesn't catch him again this time. It's embarrassing enough already. Passing by the empty halls and the living room where he doesn't see Edd there anymore he assumes everyone is already asleep, while nearing the kitchen cabinet and pulls out the pills from the container and shove into his mouth. There's a weird feeling in his gut all of a sudden and he tastes bile forming up from his throat to his tongue. He feels sick. Immediately he dashes to the nearest bathroom, not really noticing Tom who's near the bathroom sink as he shoves him away and throws up into the toilet. His throat burns as the bile leaves his mouth. Tom on the other hand yelps and cusses at him."What the fuck, dude! Gross!" But his mind his foggy and he can't stop throwing up. It all hurts too much. Just as he's finished, flushing down the vomit down the drain. He gets up and walks to the sink to wash himself. "God, you look a corpse."Tom crosses his arms as he stands behind him, a little further away. Tord glances at him from the mirror and eyes at him, then at himself. It's true, he looks exhausted and drained. He ought to get some good sleep. "What are you doing in the middle of the night, Tom?" Tord huffs instead, while washing his hands but never sparing a glance at the other male as he speaks. "Hey. I should be asking you that question!" the brit bites back at him with venom. "Oh y'know what, clean your shit up and I'll leave with you and your night walks. Fucking gives me creeps." tom snaps and is already leaving out by the door when Tord sighs through his nose and speaks. "I can't sleep," for a second, the void eyed male thinks he's talking to him or if he's mistaken. "Oh. Not my problem-" he speaks anyway but pauses when he hears a sudden thud all of a sudden behind him, and he turns around to see Tord passed out by the sink. The faucet is still running. "FUCKIN' HELL, AGAIN?" Tom yells a tthe scene in front of him as he groans loudly.

Tord stirred in his sleep before waking up, staring at the ceiling. "When did I..." he mumbles when he hears another voice in the room. "You're finally awake Cinderella." it's full of sarcasm and mockery. Tord turns around to see Tom sitting beside his bed with crosses arms with a scowl and narrowed eyebrows staring down at him. "Don't call me that." Tord hisses as he rubs his head and sits up straight in the sheets. "What, Cinderella? When all you do is just pass out out like some destressed damsel outta nowhere?" Tom sneers with a grin, flashing his teeth at him. There's venom behind his words and he doesn't hide it when Tord senses it. "Whatever. Why do you even bother to carry me back to my room when you talk shit instead of just leaving me there? Do you care for me or what?" Tord bites back at him and the male's grin falls into a hard frown, eyes narrowed at him. "Okay, First of all, fuck you. Second, I dragged you to your room by your arm. You're fucking heavy. Third, I don't care and fuck you again," he jabs his index finger at him, emphasizing his words. "Oh whatever, Jehovah." Tord rolls his eyes when Tom starts fuming. "I didn't know you were a crybaby during your sleep either! Ha! Wait till everyone hears how you sob and sputter gibberish. Who knew," he scoffs at him and Tord freezes in his position for a minute, staring at him wide eyed. "You... What? What did you hear?" he dreads when he realises that Tom has witnessed it already. And it was him, not anyone else as much as he'd wished it'd be rather Matt or Edd to make things easier, but of course, it just had to be more complicated. "I don't know, jackshit. You were mumbling in Norwegian, how'd I know?" Tom huffs, leaning back on the chair he was seated on. "Is this what you meant with whole 'I can't sleep' fiasco?" Tord doesn't respond, he decides to stare at his hands instead. And Tom gets pissed because he hates it when people ignore him. "Wow, what a fucker,chose to be silent now, commie?"
"What else did I say?"
"huh?"
"What the hell did i say when I was asleep?" Tord glares at him and the atmosphere feels a bit frosty. Tom shuffles in his seat. "Why are you getting all worked up for?" he mocks and Tord wants to punch him in the face for that. "I can't sleep because of the nightly terrors I get." Tord admits with a sigh, pushing his hair strands back with fingers in frustration. Tom stares at him, and the Norwegian continues. "If you tell this to anyone else-"
"What are you suggesting here, Commie?" he asks all of a sudden and he's caught off guard.
"Since you're the only one to know this now..." Tord presses his lips into a thin line, he is hesitant.

"I need to get enough sleep." He says, "Yeah, no shit, Sherlock. You like the dead." Tom says and Tord glares at him for that. Tord reminds himself that Tom's still in his room, and he's here the second time. So he takes a deep sigh before asking, "Can you stay for a bit?"

...
A/N
wohoo finally done with this chapter. Anyways I tried my best editing and correcting errors but if you still find anything wrong please do point out so I can fix them! Thanks for reading and sticking around everyone, I appreciate y'all aaah♡~~