Chapter twenty two

"So you guys are coming with us to meet with the elder right?" Selena asks.

I turn to Raven and lift my eyebrow in question, he simply nods smiling at me.

"That's great you can meet our kiddos while you're there!" Selena claps happily.  "Sorry hormones," she gives us a sheepish smile, Dev leans over kissing her temple.  "You're so cute when you get excited like that," he says softly snuggling her.

"You guys are so sweet my teeth hurt," Sylvia says smiling and Yen pokes her side, "you know we get worse than them, oh and we're going to have another pup," he says with the biggest smile on his face.

Cheering, we all stand to give hugs to them and congratulate them and decide to eat icecream to celebrate.

"How far along are you?" Selena asks as she eats a mouthful of chocolate fudge brownie icecream.

"I just hit my fourteenth week mark yesterday and I have an ultrasound next week," Sylvia says with a smile spooning up her icecream.

"If you guys dont mind I feel the need to jump my mate," Jackie says grabbing Leon's hand and running out making us laugh at the shocked but excited look on his face.

We decided to hit the road tomorrow morning because it's now late afternoon and that way we can start fresh tomorrow.  Dev and Selena were fine with that they decided to go on a romantic dinner date.  I on the other hand packed my and Rave's bags while he took care of some paperwork since we would be gone for a few days.

Zipping up the last bag I set it aside and decided I would go in search of my mate.  Opening the door to his office he looks up and smiles at me. "I just finished with all the pack business that was needing attention.  What do you say we go for a run?" He asks.

Before I answer him I close and lock the door making him raise his eyebrows in question.  "You know I had this really vivid dream this morning about us christening your desk and I was wonder if you would mind helping me reenact this dream?" I say as I slowly make my way towards him by the time I'm standing next to him, he's straining against his zipper and it looks a bit painful.  "Do you need some help with that?" I ask in a sultry voice.  I watch as his adam's apple bobs and his eyes darken.

He grabs me pulling my shorts and panties off, "let's see what I can do to fulfill that dream you had," he says his voice deep with lust and let me tell you, he exceeded in his mission leaving me so spent I fell into a dreamless peaceful sleep.

The next morning our alarm went off at four thirty so we could get ready to go.  I SO didn't want to move, and apparently Raven didn't want to either. 

"Ugh... I would rather wake up with making passionate love to you than that damn alarm," he grumbles reaching for the alarm to turn it off.  I humm my agreement and snuggle in for a second longer, "come on babe or you know you fall asleep again," he says rubbing my arm.

Grumbling I stagger my way to the bathroom and take a shower to wake myself up, Rave steps in once I finish to take his turn and I smack his ass on my way out.  He gives me a look and I smirk heading to my closet to get changed.

I grab some black leggings and one of Raven's dark blue t-shirts and knot it at the bottom off to the side because it's too big but I dont mind I like being comfortable especially since we will be on the road for a bit.

Before leaving the closet I grab some fuzzy socks and my ankle boots just in case.  Yawning I walk out to see Raven coming out of the bathroom and I'm instantly awake.

Smirking he walks toward me and.... goes into the closet to get his clothes, he laughs till he sees the tears in my eyes.  Turning to leave he catches me before I can get far, "what's the matter why are you crying?" He is no longer smiling and looks at me perplexed.

"Do you not want me?" I ask totally out of character, I don't even know how I came to that conclusion.

Looking at me like I lost my mind he says, "Do you know why I waited till you got out of the shower to get in? Or how hard it was to walk past you while looking at me like that?"

Shaking my head he continues.  "Its because if I didn't I would be balls deep in you right now and we wouldn't be leaving for a very long time.  Scarlett I love you, you know that!" He says softly but with feeling.

"I'm sorry I dont know what came over me just now," I say, I'm as perplexed as he is.

He hugs me to him, "I would never leave you Scar, you're it for me, now having said that if we dont hurry up we will be late and they will be leaving without us," he says smiling at me, then goes back into the closet for his clothes.

What was that just now, I'm not an insecure person or atleast I haven't been, not since I was little.  Shaking it off I grab my bag making sure my phone is in it, then head down stairs with Raven close behind me.  When we get to the bottom of the stairs we see Dev and Selena, she's as tired as I was when I first woke up.

"Don't talk to Sel right now she's only half awake and she'll be grumpy if you start talking to her, trust me no one wants that," Dev tells us.

We just nod, we walk outside and get in Raven's truck while Dev puts Selena in their SUV.  He wasn't kidding about her being half asleep poor thing we should have just waited till later.

"Why didn't we wait till later to go, poor Selena is asleep on her feet?" I ask Raven.

"Oh his mom called them this morning to let them know that their twins are sick, and Selena wants to get home to be with them," Rave says starting the truck up.  "Go ahead and take a nap baby I know your still tired, I'll wake you when we get there," he says as we follow Dev.

"But what if you get sleepy too?" I say around a yawn.

He just laughs, "sleep babe, you can make it up to me later," he winks making me smile as I get comfy and and fall asleep like he told me to, man what is with my hormones? I think as I fall asleep then I don't think of anything as I'm out.