𝟮. 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗻𝗲𝘆/ 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘆

Britney Spears has got nothin' on you

Another week meant another glee lesson

Another week meant another glee lesson. Today  Charlotte sat in the choir room with her head resting on Kurt's shoulder, watching Mr Schue write the name Christopher Cross on the whiteboard. She was pretty sure this wasn't going to be interesting.

Squeezing her eyes shut, Charlotte almost cringed at how uncreative her teacher was becoming. Don't get her wrong, she was always up for something new, but this just didn't seem appealing.

"You'd think he'd still have some sort of inspiration. We've only been doing this a year." Charlotte muttered to Kurt who agreed with a bored chuckle.

"All right, who can tell me who Christopher Cross is?" Mr Schue asked as he turned to face the class and Charlotte frowned, having absolutely no idea who he was.

"He discovered America." Brittany answered confidently, pretty certain in her answer.

"Close," The man said. "He did write an iconic chart topper: Sailing"

Kurt looked around at the rest of the group, sharing an unimpressed look with Tina. "I have a bad feeling about this lesson."

"Never heard of him, don't want to hear about him" Tina stated and Charlotte agreed with a nod of her head.

"Now, some people think of the term Easy Listening as a bad thing. But i'm going to let this music speak for itself" Mr Schue said as he started to give out some sheet music to his students. "you guys love Lady Gaga and the rolling stones... And you guys are really good about putting it all out there. But really good music can also be controlled and restrained. It doesn't have to attack an audience, it can let them come to you"

Looking down at the sheet of music that was now in her hands, Charlotte tilted her head as she read the title Arthur's Theme. This really didn't seem like the glee club's vibe and she wasn't the only one who was confused at Mr Schue's song choice.

"How could you get caught between the moon and New York City?" Finn asked, bemused. "They're like a hundred miles apart"

"A bit more than a hundred" Charlotte giggled as he continued to stare down at his paper with a baffled look on his face.

Kurt raised his hand to question his teacher, "Mr Schue? if I may." he said. "I think I speak for all of us when I say it's not that we don't love the idea of spending a week on this silky smooth Adult Contemporary, it's just that, as teens,this isn't the easiest music for us to relate to. However, there is a burgeoning Facebook campaign that has swelled to over five members.The ardent demand: That this week, at the fall homecoming assembly, the McKinley High School Glee Club performs a number by... Wait for it...Ms. Britney Spears."

"yo, spears is fierce yo" Artie cheered, already on board with the new idea as the glee club burst into excited chatter.

Quick to disagree with the suggestion, Mr Schue shook his head, "Sorry, Kurt, sorry. No, no, no, I don't think she's a very good role model."