The ball

Amelia sat with her legs crossed and her hands folded

Amelia sat with her legs crossed and her hands folded. She was currently listening to professor Sprout. "There will be a ball this year, it happens every time there is a twizard cup" professor Sprout explains. The Hufflepuff boys didn't seem to interested but the girl all began to mumble to one another excited for the chance to be able to go and hang out with a boy.

"You are expected to dress up for the event so if you don't have your dresses I advise you to go to Hogsmade and get a dress or have your parent or guardian send you a dress through the owls!" professor Sprout says and then walks towards the music player. Filch is sitting there and quickly turns on the music for the lady. "We need someone to demonstrate for us!" Professor Sprout says and then she looks around the room. Nobody volunteers so she ends up picking the Hogwarts champion. "Cedric why don't you pick a lady!" Professor Sprout says and Cedric hesitantly gets up.

He walks across the room and the girls were suddenly intrigued. He walks to Amelia and holds out his hand. "Oh no" she says. It's not that she couldn't dance it's that she never had danced before well at least slow danced. "Oh yes" Cedric says and pulled her up. The jealousy surged through the classroom. The boys in class were jealous that Cedric picked the prettiest girl in the room and the girls were upset that he hadn't picked them.

Cedric and Amelia slowly danced careful not to stop on one another's toes. "That's it nice and slow" Professor Sprout said and the two awkwardly demonstrated for the class. "This is so weird" Cedric says causing the girl to laugh. "Yeah it is quite weird"

"Hey I read about a new creature the other day and I have to tell you about it soon it's so interesting and cool!" Amelia excited said and the classroom gave the girl a disgusted glare. Most of them weren't into different types of magical creatures. "You definitely will have to I'm excited to hear about it" Cedric said and twirled the girl.

"Alright now join them!" Professor Sprout said. Slowly but surely the Hufflepuffs began to stand and walk over and practice with the others. The guys in the room were a little hesitant but after a few moments most of them seemed to give in and stand up and dance with one of the other girls in the room. Cedric and Amelia stayed together and danced slowly.

"Do you plan on going with someone to the hall?" Cedric asks the girl. "Oh I guess if I get asked I would go with that person!" Amelia said a tad nervous. "Even if it was Filch?" Cedric asked and Amelia looked over at Filch who was cuddling with Ms. Norris. "Well I guess it'll help him be a little happier" Amelia stated and Cedric stopped dancing and laughed. "You would seriously go out with Filch just so he can have a confidence boost?"

"Well maybe he just needs that little push and then he finds the women he loves!" Amelia said and Cedric laughed again. "You're crazy!" Cedric said.

"Would you wanna go to the ball with me instead?" Cedric asked and his cheeks went a tad pink and his eyes glistened a bit with hope. Amelia stared at the boy. She wasn't expecting him to ask her. "I would love to Cedric!" She said and Cedric broke into a big smile. "Great I'll be looking forward to it!" He said and then Professor Sprout announced that the dance practice had ended and they were free to go.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Amelia quickly straightened her long brown hair and lightly put on mascara. Fleur helped her get into her dress and helped with her makeup and hair. Amelia was going to meet Luna at the ball and hopefully dance with her and her date who turned out to be a young boy in third year from Hufflepuff named Ernie McKenna. He had asked Luna to the ball with some Nargle protectant spray which Amelia had asked to borrow a little bit later. Cedric had agreed to Luna hanging out with them immediately. He trusted Amelia's judgement.

"You look beautiful!" Fleur said looking at the girl. The girl did look beautiful she had her hair nice and straight and her body looked very complimented in the dress she had been sent by her mother.

"You do look pretty" Kendra said who was doing her hair. "Thank you Kendra you and Maxine also look very beautiful!" Amelia said to her roommates. Molly had already gone down to the hall to meet friends and go to her date Miles Finley. He was a very attractive boy and one of the prefects for Gryffindor.

Amelia felt pretty in the dress and she felt very confident

Amelia felt pretty in the dress and she felt very confident. She walked through Hogwarts getting many stares from some of the boys. She made her way to the great hall and was struck with nerves. Fleur had already met her date Rodger in the hall. Luna was already dancing with Ernie.

She peaked her head out at Cedric who was talking with Patrick and Paul. All three of them were in tux's. Amelia felt her nerves even more. She was definitely the last girl to go down the steps. Hermione and Victor Krum were together talking quietly in a line with the other champions who were getting ready to walk out and do a traditional dance for the Yule Ball.

She took one last deep breath and then walked out from the steps. Every single head turned towards her in awe and she felt her cheeks heat up. Patrick and Paul jaws were on the floor and Cedric stood there smiling. She made it to the last step and walked over to the boy.

"Wow, uh, you look so, really, striking" Cedric mumbled out. Amelia quickly thanked him and hugged him tightly. "Thank you Cedric you ready for this dance?" The girl asked and Cedric looked at her. "Not at all" he said and they both walked towards the champions line.

A few minutes later they were in the middle along with the others dancing graciously. Amelia and Cedric had practiced the dance together many times. After a couple of rounds Dumbledore and Professor Mcgonagall walked on to the floor hand and hand and started to dance with one another. More and more people filed onto the dance floor relieving more and more pressure off the couples shoulders.

Eventually throughout the night they met up with Luna and her date Ernie who ended up being a bit odd. He kept trying to break dance but failed many, many times. The end of the ball came and the four of them screamed out at the band that was playing. Cedric and Amelia danced together all through the song. Cedric spun the girl around and they both laughed when she fell on her bottom from being to dizzy.

They decided that it was time to go. Cedric walked her out of the hall. "I had a really fun night" Cedric said with a huge smile on his face. "I did too thank you so much for asking me to go with you!" Amelia said and Cedric smiled once again. "Goodnight" Cedric said unsure of what to do next. Amelia leaned up and kissed his cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow morning with some freshly decorated pancakes!" Amelia said laughing a bit. "I can't wait!" Cedric said and they hugged one more. Cedric squeezed the girl almost to tight and then left to go up to the dorms.

Amelia however stopped herself as she saw a crying Hermione on the stairs. She quickly ran up and started to comfort her friend. She listened to the girl vent about Ron and everything he does for a bit.

Amelia couldn't help but to feel sorry for Hermione but she had also had one of the best nights of her life. She couldn't wait to see Cedric tomorrow and spend even more time with him. He was fun to be around and easy to talk to and Amelia hadn't ever really experienced that with a boy before besides her father of course but he didn't count in this context.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Did you guys like her dress because I really like it! I think it fits her character!