𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 14: 𝐵𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐺𝑎𝑚𝑒

Miguel and I were walking down the hallway at school.

"So... How was your stargazing date with Sam?" I asked. "We actually went to Golf n' Stuff. It was amazing! We played games, ate, hug out.. Oh! And we got this huge stuffed octopus with the tickets we won!" He said, very enthusiastic.

"Look at you, lover boy!" I said, elbowing him. "So did you make a move?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He was quiet for a moment before he looked down with a smile slowly growing on his face. I gasped in excitement.

"Oh my god Miguel! I knew you could do it!" I said, pulling him into a big hug. He hugged back. "Thanks for giving me confidence, y/n. I couldn't have done it without you." He said, pulling away and smiling.

I looked over his shoulder a little to see Sam walking our way. "Speaking of..." I said, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Hey Sam! I want you to meet someone." Miguel said to her as she approached. "Hey! I'm y/n." I said with a smile, holding out my hand for her to shake. "I'm Sam. It's nice to meet you!" She said, returning the shake.

"She's my best friend." Miguel said, gesturing to me. Sam gave me a kind smile. "Well, I'd better get going. I think I promised Eli I'd meet him in the library." I said, starting to back up. "It was lovely meeting you!" I said to Sam, waving goodbye.

Sam turned to face Miguel. I sent him an exaggerated wink. He rolled his eyes quickly and focused on what Sam was saying.

I turned around and went to go find Eli.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

We had our training in a junkyard today. Not gonna lie, I was super excited.

All the kids were in their own little small groups talking to their friends, while we waited for everyone to show up.

"Alright everybody, fall in! Get your asses over here!" Sensei yelled, standing on top of a car with a beer in his hand. We all turned and met in the middle. Eli and I weren't standing next to each other, but for no particular reason though. I was slightly behind him, to the right.

"Alright everyone, listen up!" Sensei yelled, grabbing everyone's attention. There was a small pause of silence. "We're back in the game!" He yelled. We all cheered with each other.

Sensei got Cobra Kai back into the tournament!

After a few seconds of cheering, we came to a stop because another yell came out of sensei's mouth. "QUIET!" He yelled, making everyone silent. "You've trained hard! You've gotten stronger, tougher, faster. You've done your best." He yelled over everyone.

I looked over to Eli, who was still looking up at Johnny. Johnny was still talking, but I blocked it out while I gazed upon Eli.

Look at him... Perfect jawline... Perfect eyes... Perfect personality... Perfect, well, everything! I am so taken by him. No one has ever made me feel this way... ever. There's something special about Eli, I just know it.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Sensei yelling for me. "Miss y/l/n!" He yelled, making me quickly snap my head back in his direction. "You're not gonna win the tournament by staring at the side of Hawk's head all day!" He yelled, in front of everyone.

My eyes got wider and my cheeks lit up a bright red. I looked over to Eli for a moment, who was laughing and smirking at me. Everyone around me was quietly laughing as well, causing me to get even redder.

Sensei was laughing as well. He waited for the laughter to die down before continuing with his speech. "Are you losers?" Sensei yelled. "No Sensei!" We all yelled back. "Are you nerds?" He yelled. "No Sensei!" We yelled in response. "Are you sure?" He yelled once more. "No Sensei!" We all yelled. Sensei held both of his hands to his face and facepalmed.