Chapter 24

~ IMOGEN ~

My phone's unremitting ringing drew me out of my wonderful sleep land.

I groaned, muttering cuss words to myself before I half-opened my eyes, rolling on the bed to reach for my phone on the nightstand.

It still vibrated in my hand, sounding even louder and more frustrating. I fluttered my sleepy eyelids, placing a leg over a pillow and yawned.

The caller ID was none other than Lila. Why on Earth was she calling? Did she think it was right to disturb my beautiful sleep that was mostly short.

Wearing a frown, I answered the call, placing the phone to my ear. "What the fuck do you want?" I gruffed.

"Hey there, babe. Chill. You don't have to be so rude."

"Whatever. Don't you realize it's still early here?" I hissed, sitting up straight whilst scratching my arm.

"Early? If I'm not mistaken, it should be 10am right there. Remember I'm good at maths unlike some birdbrain."

"Ha-ha, very funny." I replied sarcastically, glancing at the wall clock on the wall opposite my bed. My eyes automatically bugged out, confirming it was actually 10:16 am. "Oh my gosh! Hames will kill me."

"Yeah. Speaking of Hames, that's why I called you."

"So you woke me up, for Hames!" I creased my forehead, feeling the need to stretch my body and smack her.

"Dude, have you seen the news?"

"What news?" I raised an eyebrow though she couldn't see me.

"The gossip news, internet, everywhere, everything!" She exclaimed.

"What do you mean," I grew even more perplexed.

"Just go online to any social media platform. It's been trending all morning here." She gushed.

"What's going on?* I was growing more perplexed than ever.

"Check-" she was cut off after a beep, indicating the call had ended. What was that for?

I was as curious as hell to know what the hell she was talking about so I scrolled through my phone and went to Instagram.

I realized there were a lot of new messages and notifications. I clicked on my profile and my jaw dropped to the floor of the ground floor in this building, my eyes tore out of their sockets. "OH MY FUCKING GOSH! WHAT?! 90 THOUSAND PLUS FOLLOWERS?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Was this a dream or something? I left the app and returned to it, checking my profile again only to see the same figure. I wasn't sure but it seemed to have increased.

My phone instantly began buzzing endlessly. New messages kept rolling in.

My curiosity transformed to fear. I was madly wondering what was going on. The pop-up of a new message read, 'lucky you. I was also wondering..." I didn't bother to read the complete message because I was too scared.

I went to a different social media platform and was greeted by a pop-up from some gossip news. It had the heading 'THE FAMOUS MULTI-MILLIONAIRE, HAMES HENDRIX..." I immediately clicked on it and it directed me to a different website.

*THE FAMOUS HAMES HENDRIX'S NEW GIRLFRIEND

Hey, my dear people.

We've all been wondering who Hames Hendrix, owner of 'HamIX International' girlfriend is, after five years since he last broke up with

his ex-girlfriend, Lorraine Asher, the famous actress.*

Below were various photos of a younger-looking Hames with an extremely beautiful woman (Not as beautiful as me. Duh). She had dark blonde hair with grey eyes. They looked like an extremely happy couple in the photos but I didn't bother viewing the other photos of them.

*Finally, from our resourceful sources, we've discovered his new girlfriend, Imogen Mark. She works as his secretary.*

There was a beautiful photo of me below. I definitely didn't remember taking this photo but I was grinning and in a very sexy red dress with my hair tied into a ponytail.

"New girlfriend?!" I screamed. "Oh, Jesus."

I resumed reading the article. *It turns out they've been keeping their relationship a secret. In order to avoid letting their relationship become viral, Imogen worked as Hames' best friend, Kade's secretary, till they finally agreed to work together. * What?!

*They were seen at an open area on a date.* There was a photo of me and Hames, obviously on a date. Then, another where we were kissing. I definitely remembered this on the day Trisha had made us kiss each other. Then another, on the same day, in which Hames had his arm around my waist. That had happened because we were leaving from Trisha. Who in the world took this photograph?

*They had recently gone to Australia as a beautiful couple to spend enough time with each other. They share the same hotel room in one of Hames' hotels, in Australia.* Hames owned this hotel? Wow.

*Here are more beautiful photos of them*

They were photos of us in the restaurant we had gone to, which was only yesterday. Then there was another photo which looked like Hames was kissing me but he had only whispered into my ear. Another photo, he had his arms wrapped around me. That was when I had almost been hit by a crazy bike.

"Holy Jesus, this was only last night!" I exclaimed.

*Finally, here are photos of them at the best club in Australia and videos confirming it, in which Hames clearly stated Imogen is his girlfriend.*

There were photos of us at the club when I had gotten drunk. Then... there was a short video where Hames was obviously on the phone with someone and had said, "I'm out with my girlfriend now, we're spending time together so I'll speak with you later. Bye."

I clicked on the next video; Hames looked very furious. He was holding a Man by his shirt and the veins in his neck had popped out as he hit the Man's face really hard with his fist.

"How dare you touch my Woman that way?" He hit him again, causing the poor man to fall butt-flat to the floor. He held my arm, pulling me to him, making me almost fall but he was quick enough to hold me.

"Man, are you crazy? I didn't know she was your girlfriend." The man grumbled, holding his already bleeding nose.

"She's my girlfriend and I don't like it when assholes like you touch her in such a crazy and terrible manner." He kicked him, still holding me.

*He finally has a girlfriend. We all thought Lorraine broke his heart beyond repair but Imogen seems to have fixed it. We're glad about this though it's sad to most of us who dream to be the one in lucky Imogen's place. If you enjoyed this article, you can view more amazing...*

I didn't bother reading any further. I was too lost in thoughts. Why had Hames said I was girlfriend? His woman? What was going on?

I had to confront this grumpy man.