29-I Trust You

(TW: Violence)
༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
I sniffled silently as I wiped the tears from my eyes, not wanting the clones on the ship to see me so vulnerable, of course one of them noticed, "You alright App?" Rex came by my side and placed a hand on my shoulder for comfort.

I turned my gaze to his and nodded slowly, "I'm all good Rex." I lied, I was heart broken.

He sighed as he leaned his shoulder against the ship wall with his body fully facing me, "You're clearly not and you can't go into a battle this way, please tel me what happened between you two, maybe I can help."

I leaned my head to the side against the cold metal and kept my eyes on his, "He used me as bait for Obi-Wan, he said he only asked me to marry him solely for that purpose, and he said that I was nothing." Speaking about it made me sadder and a few more tears broke free.

He shook his head, "Fucking idiot," He mumbled referring to him and not me, "Listen, I've known him a very long time so I know him well and none of those things are true. He has a horrible temper and has an annoying habit of saying things he doesn't mean out of anger." He tried to reassure me, but it didn't ease my pain much.

"You didn't hear the way he said it-"

He held his hand up to stop me from being negative, "App, yes he used you as bait and you can be pissed about that all you want; there's no excuse about that one, even I told him it was a bad idea. But just know that he wanted to ask you to marry him since before Obi-Wan escaped, and I know this because I was there helping him pick out the ring." He smiled and I almost allowed myself to smile to smile too.

"He still called me nothing, and after everything him and I have been through, how could he say something like that?" I looked away from and down to where my ring used to be. I only had it a short time and I already missed it, but he deserved to have it thrown in his face for the way he spoke to me.

"Once again, he's dumb," He caught my attention again while he rolled his eyes with a sigh, "You're not nothing, you've been everything since the moment you stepped into his life. I still remember the day he brought you home too," He smiled as he looked away from me, like he was reminiscing on the memory, "He was so happy, he didn't stop talking about you the whole day." He chuckled once he met my eyes once more, "It was a little annoying, but I liked seeing him that way. It was the only time I ever saw him really happy, he wasn't even like that with his ex-wife."

Curiously I asked, "And how was he with her?"

He rolled his eyes; clearly annoyed by the memory of them as a couple, "They never stopped fighting, not that it was their fault, but their relationship was strained from the very beginning. And that was because the Jedi locked him up right after they got married and they didn't see each other for months," He shrugged with a sigh, "So they grew distant in their time apart and when they finally reunited; it was like they were strangers and it didn't really get better."

I hummed, "If they were so unhappy then why did they stay married for so long?" It didn't make sense to me.

He shrugged again, "I don't really know for sure, but if I had to guess based on what I know about him. He just wanted to find someone to really love and care about him since the only person who really did died in his arms. He was probably hoping that things would get better, but well, you know how it ended." He chuckled as he looked over to the clones piloting to check how far we were from Ryloth, before meeting my eyes again, "Then two years later, he found you, and you are everything that he's been looking for; which is why he's been a little insane lately. Although I'm not trying to justify that what he did or said was okay, he could be handling all of this a lot better, but he's just afraid of losing the only girl he ever really loved. So don't give up on him yet."