184

Fei Qianchi held the man tightly in his arms upon hearing his words. In that split moment, it brought forth the memories of losing this man. However, he knew that this time. he would not lose the man again.

"Me too, I love you too." Fei Qianchi whispered, Zhu Longwang's head was pushed up against his chest. He could feel the man's breath hitting him through his layer of clothing.

Zhu Longwang leaned in, his head touching the man's hard chest. He could feel it. He could feel the the man's heart beating, sometimes slowing, sometimes speeding. His lips trembled. He wanted to cry. He was obviously happy, yet, he wanted to cry for some reason.

Fei Qianchi didn't know what thoughts were running through the man's head. If anything, it also made him think. Having lived through so many different lifetimes now, Fei Qianchi wasn't the same as the person he was in the past.

The moon was high in the air. Fei Qianchi could hear the sound of cicadas in the forest.

Softly patting Zhu Longwang's back, he told the man, "Sleep first. I'll stay by your side." While Fei Qianchi had many things he wanted to tell the man, he also knew that the man had just woke up. There was no need to rush things.

Zhu Longwang bit his lips, hearing the man's voice. In the end, he could only nod his head. Fei Qianchi was by him, he didn't have to worry now. Thus, he pushed himself closer to the man by his side.

Fei Qianchi waited. He waited as Zhu Longwang's breath became steady, slowing down. The man was still up close to him and Fei Qianchi smiled, touching the man's hair.

His blue eyes darted around the room, at the bright moon in the sky. He shifted, looking to see if Zhu Longwang was startled by his movements. Seeing that the man was still sleeping soundly, Fei Qianchi shifted once more, slowly pulling away from the man as he got up from the bed.

He fixed his robes, glancing out the window as he walked over, jumping out.

Outside of the window, a man stood, looking up at the night sky. His long black hair cascaded over his back, his figure tall and strong. There was a white pendant hanging from his hip, dressed in a black robe. The man's face was turned away, but Fei Qianchi knew who this man was. His aura was undeniable.

"Why are you here?" Fei Qianchi asked, slowly walking over and sitting on the table. He wasn't scared, only calm.

The man turned around, lips rising as a grin settled on his face. His skin was pale, a sickly color of pale. With red pupils that shone with blood-lust, his features were bewitching yet cold.

"Why else would I be here? I came to see you." Su Baicheng merely answered as he stood, looking at Fei Qianchi. He stood where he was, not moving closer. He merely stood under the moonlight that made his eyes shine brighter. There was no malice from him. Instead, it was calm.

"To hear those words, I don't know if I should be happy or afraid." Fei Qianchi cocked his brow, glancing at the man.

Su Baicheng smirked, "Well, perhaps it's a bit of both." The man turned away. "I'm assuming that he told you the whole story."

Fei Qianchi knew who the man was talking about at once. "Yes. Although, truth be told, I don't understand why I became entangled in your mess. If anything, you had no right to involve me in this revenge of yours, no right to avenge yourself by killing people who were not involved in the first place."

Su Baicheng merely scoffed. But, he didn't refute those words. The man stood, solemn under the moon. "In a way, you are similar to me. Except, there was someone who was willing to sacrifice themself for you." The man turned around, sneering, mocking himself.