Chapter 38: Atlanta

C H A P T E R 3 8

A T L A N T A

"Just me you and the moon"

Song- Moonlight; Grace vanderwal

MARLEE

"What do you want?" I answer the phone groggily, early on Thursday morning.

"Good morning to you too" Cameron chuckles from the other end. "I have a question."

"Ask someone else" I go to hang up but tells me to wait.

"Just let me ask it."

"Fine"

"Wanna skip town with me?" I can practically hear his grin through the phone.

"Sure, where we going?" I yawn mid-sentence "I've always wanted to go to LA or New York."

"Atlanta."

"Wait, you're actually being serious?" I sit up in bed, holding the phone to my ear.

"When am I not?" He chuckles.

"Literally always."

"Rude." He fakes a hurt voice "anyways, Ma wants me to pick something up for her and doesn't want me going alone so she suggested you and Theo come with me but luckily Theo can't come so it's just going to be me and you."

"Really?" I feel my smile grow and the excitement build up inside me.

"Really. Already have the hotel room and everything." He informs me "so what do you say?"

"I'll have to check my schedule." I tease. "I'm kidding, of course I'll come. When are we leaving?"

"Tomorrow right after school." He tells me and my eyes widen. Atlanta is about a 5 hour drive from here so it makes sense.

"And you're just telling me now?"

"It's not my fault, Ma just told me yesterday!" He defends himself.

"Sure" I draw on, standing up.

"Ugh, you're annoying. I'll see you in a bit." He tells me with laughter in his voice.

"Bye." I say softly before hanging up and getting ready. I have no doubt that Sara's already talked to Mom about it.

I know they wouldn't let us go by ourselves if the knew we were together. Before we would've went up there, exploded the city while arguing about dumb things the entire time and then go back to the hotel room, watch a movie and go to bed.