🍁 Chapter 10

“Sharon will hate you?”

“Ah… I guess you wouldn’t know, since you aren’t close to her.”

Julien shrugged. He couldn’t really refute Carol’s statement.

Carol snickered.

‘I’m definitely her closest friend!’

Carol crossed her arms and haughtily looked at Julien. She had been a little jealous because Sharon had started to take care of him, but now her unpleasant emotions settled down.

“Sharon likes kids who are nice. She wouldn’t like it if she knew that I always fought with you. So, you need to co… co…”

“Cooperate,” Julien said, dumbfounded that Carol didn’t even know that much.

Carol did not notice his disdain. She clapped her hands. “That’s right! Cooperate.”

“Whatever.”

Julien tilted his head, and his red hair flowed with the movement.

Carol frowned, irritated.

‘Who does he think he is, being prettier than me?’

If Carol was being honest, that was one of the reasons she hated him. Carol wanted to be the second prettiest after Sharon, but Julien was prettier than her. She had come to accept it, but it still bothered her sometimes.

Julien turned back to look at Sharon and stopped paying attention to Carol.

Carol looked back and forth between him and Sharon.

‘It’s like a prince and a princess…”

They were like the people in the fairy tales that Sharon often read.

Carol had a thought, then. ‘They suit each other.’

She didn’t know, but her thought on this day would change the course of her future.

Meanwhile, Julien was also thinking furiously. ‘I want to become close to Sharon, too.’

However, he could only meet with her once a week. Also, that idiot Carol would always tag along, so that was a problem.

What should he do?

Julien smirked, foxlike and clever. There was one card that he could play, and Sharon had been the one to personally deliver it to him.

He didn’t expect that his miserable situation could become this advantageous.

Julien covered his smile.

It seemed that it wouldn’t be so hard to find time to spend alone with Sharon.

***

We finished our fishing expedition with only two fish.

The fish that I had caught, that is.

What were these kids even doing while I was asleep?

Carol and I ate dinner—steamed fish made by the palace chefs—with Julien and returned to duchy in the evening.

That was already three days ago.

Time sure went by quickly.

I sighed.

Then, I felt the sharp eyes of the governess turn toward me, and I sat upright in my sleep.

Don’t you know I could do this in my sleep?

That’s what I was thinking inside, but I didn’t say so out loud. I knew well that the governess was working hard to teach us, so I had to be respectful.