🍁 Chapter 26

Also, the Empress and Duchess Gratoni wouldn’t just let that happen. Knowing their natures, things would be bad if anything got between Carol and Julien.

The rumor that the Gratoni duchy supported the crown prince was already widespread.

There was no way they could stop their alliance now. It wasn’t just to save face, either. Each side benefited a lot from the arrangement.

So, there were a lot of people who were invested in Carol and Julien’s first dance.

“It’s Carol’s birthday. I can’t steal her first dance with her fiancé.”

Anyway, I knew he liked her.

I knew that the two’s relationship have improved without them noticing. If they continued to grow up well and eventually get married, I would have nothing more to wish for. Of course they’ll get married and have a home together.

I laughed mischievously and punched Julien’s arm.

***

Meanwhile, Julien was chewing over Carol’s words.

‘She’s oblivious. Sharon thinks that you and I are going to get married, did you know that? She thinks we get along very well.'

At this point, she wasn’t merely oblivious. She must have been born without common sense.

“All right."

Julien accepted the undesirable condition to push away those who would dare to flirt with Sharon.

The worst case scenario would be if Sharon became another man’s dance partner.

Really, he didn’t want to do the first dance with Carol, but…

'Well, there’s no way my mother would let me skip it. Besides, it’s Carol’s birthday party.’

Julien looked at Carol, who was sneering at him from the side.

'Dickhead.'

That’s definitely what she mouthed at him. Carol was mocking him for being a coward, unable to tell Sharon what he really thought.

So Julien retorted.

'Blockhead.'

Maybe their relationship was good. Both of them were heads.

***

"Fine. Then, shall we start?”

The cards were distributed. However, I accidentally demonstrated my amazing skills.

It had been a long time since I was fascinated by the cards, shuffling with a chop-chop sound.

But, he was doing it wrong.

The prince was completely defeated by me.

As a result, Julien’s face crinkled irritably.

“Nothing’s working out.”

Ah, so it was like this.

He had to stop himself from getting frustrated at such a small thing. It must have been a hardship he didn’t face often in his life…

Also, Carol was whispering next to me.

“You can’t win here! Other boys are going to bother you! No matter how stupid he is, at least he’s a prince…”

“You, be more quiet.”

Carol was talking so loudly that everyone could hear.

Honestly, these kids. Anyway, I felt bad, so I made a suggestion to the prince.