S E V E N C U B E S

I got ready for work, my plan was just to avoid my boss at any cost

      I got ready for work, my plan was just to avoid my boss at any cost. I arrived at my job with a cup of much needed coffee, the front desk was surprisingly really helpful. She showed me my office, how my computer works, the files, and how everything works.

"Mr. Santos likes his coffee black with at least one sugar cube." She tells.

Why is she telling me how he likes his coffee?

"Being his assistant you'll have a lot of communication with him and his children." She says.

I'm going to kick him in the balls.

I smiled. "That's just great."

She left my office, I closed my door before leaning against my desk. I was frustrated and tried, everything doesn't make sense now. In Paris I was happy and in love now my feelings are all over the place, I'm working for my ex now and my fiancé doesn't have a clue.

Not only do I have all that on my mind but now I also have to battle with the law to keep my rapist in prison.

I grabbed the files off my table and walked towards his office, my plan of avoiding him was definitely not going to work. I actually knocked on his door before walking inside this time, he was typing something in his computer.

"Morning, Mr. Santos." I said.

He lifted his glare off his screen to me, I smiled softly while placing the paperwork on his desk.

"Thank you, Miss. Ridges." He ignores my stares and flips through the paperwork.

What game are we playing?

We're both pissing each other off for fun like we're little children, yet we're grown adults.

"Fetch me some coffee, please." Faust traps his mouth with his fingers stopping himself from laughing.

It was hard to smile because all I wanted to tell was that he can get it himself but instead I swallowed down the sassy comment and nodded. I turned hard on my heel out the door, I made my way to the coffee machine where the sugar cubes and coffee beans were at.

I served a cup of black coffee and added seven sugar cubes instead of one, he needs some happiness in his miserable life, what better way other then sugar. The voice in the back of head disagreed with my actions but at this point there was no turning back.

I entered his office again and handed him the coffee, I waited for him to sip it.

He almost spit it out till he noticed I was waiting for his reaction, he held back his disgust face and gave me a thumbs up, he was doing this on purpose. He wanted to win this, whatever this was.

"I should get back to my office." I rolled my eyes, I closed his door and walked back down the hallway.

I worked most of the day, I did some paperwork, a few coffee runs but most of all I just kept thinking of my new boss. The clock finally striked six which meant it was time to go home, back to my loving fiancé. I cringed at the thought but I caught myself almost immediately, I shook my head snapping out of it.