//Book 3// ~ Tremors

3rd Person POV

"Thank God for selfie culture." Brainy tells the group as they gather around the console. Willow looks at the pictures on the screen. "Because of this generation's constant need to livestream everything, we've got a clear image of your attacker. And I knew I had seen that face before. Do you recall Antioch, 526 AD?"

"It was an earthquake." Lena says. "It was the eighth-largest natural disaster in modern history."

"Precisely." Brainy says. "It's good to have you back, Lena. A myth was born that this man was the cause. Now, of course, scientists insisted that the natural disasters were natural, but, in an ironic twist of history, they were wrong and the fearmongers were right. Several reliable sources place this man at the scene of the crime throughout history." He brings up more pictures. "Pompeii, the Yellow River flood of 1887, the Bhola Cyclone, even as far back as Noah's flood, this Earth-Bender has been spotted."

"Excuse me, did you say Earth-Bender?" Alex asks

"How else would you describe him?" Brainy questions. "He... He literally manipulates the earth."

"Wait, Pompeii? Noah's flood? I mean, what is he, thousands of years old?" Supergirl questions

"Correct." Brainy says. "Which means that he is an alien with powers of longevity this civilization has never conceived of."

"No wonder people thought he was a myth." Alex says with a sigh

"With all this destruction, his existence is still shrouded in mystery." Lena says. "He's managed to convince the world he doesn't exist."

"It seems so." Brainy says. "The word Leviathan occurs six times in the Hebrew Bible. Never once does it appear in any historical scientific literature."

"So how are we supposed to fight a highly secretive, thousand-year-old alien with powers that we have no idea how to beat?" Alex asks

"Well, I know one person who spent his life fighting aliens, both real and imagined." Lena says

"Your brother." Supergirl says

"I know most of his minor weapons are in Fort Summit, but his truly horrendous ones, they were all destroyed by Superman." Lena says

"That's not necessarily true." Supergirl says. "A lot of Lex's weapons are in the Fortress of Solitude." Lena gives her a look. "Oh, it's It's a place Superman created. We keep things there that can harm us."

"Well, you just go to the Fortress, and I'll give you a list of every weapon that Lex ever created." Lena says

"Why don't you come with me?" Supergirl suggests. "I mean, there's no telling what weapon we'll encounter."

"And then, Brainy and I will stay here, and we'll continue our search for Rip Roar and this Earth-Bender." Alex says

"Supergirl, remember the strongest, most potent weapon is knowledge." Brainy says. "So send me whatever you can find from the Fortress database."

"You ready for a road trip?" Supergirl asks Lena and then she catches Willow's eye, the green eyed girl nodding for Supergirl to follow. "How about you head up the stairs and I'll catch up, okay?"

"Alright." Lena says, leaving

Supergirl follows after Willow, the two ending up in an alcove in the wall. Willow turns around, crossing her arms. "So, you, me, and Lena are going to the Fortress of Solitude?" Willow asks

"Just me and Lena." Supergirl tells her. "Will, it's going to be a simply mission. In and out, that's it."

"When has anything ever been simple for us?" Willow asks