18

"Happy birthday dear Toby! Happy birthday to you!"

"Blow out your candles."

Toby looked around before leaning forward and blowing out his candles.

His ma began to dish out slices of cake to their friends, making sure the smallest piece went to Lani.

"I can't believe your fifteen bud. Not that long ago you were tiny and now. Well you've grown up well bud." Schlatt said looking at his son.

"You raised me well dad." The teen said looking at his father.

The Schlatt men shared a brief hug.

-

The teen boy stared the ceiling as he laid on his bed.

Ranboo and Tommy sat on the bean bag chairs.

"So what now?" Ranboo asked causing the boy to look up.

"I don't know. I mean we could get Addie and go to the park." Toby said sitting up.

Purple tossed down a video game. "Lets play minecraft." He said.

So there they sat for hours playing the game.

-

"Excuse me. I don't mean to bother you but I can't find my class." The boy said with a southern drawl.

"Oh okay. What class?" Toby asked looking at the boys schedule. "Oh it's just around the corner first door on the right."

"Alright thank you." He walked off.

"Tubbo come on!" Tommy shouted as he darted through the hall.

"What did you do this time?!" Toby called chasing after him.

Ranboo ran after them. "Tommy she's pissed!"

The three boy ran up the stairs to the roof.

"What did you do?!" Toby asked bent over trying to catch his breath.

"Addie got asked out and he touched her oddly. So Tommy punched him." Ranboo gasped out.

"He grabbed her arm." Tommy wheezed.

"You mother fucker!" Addie pushed Tommy. "YOU PUNCHED MY BROTHER!"

"HE WAS YOUR BROTHER?! Addie I thought he was hurting you. I had to idea." Tommy rushed out stumbling over his words as he waved his hands in front of him.

"Holy shit Tommy you can't just punch people!!" Toby cried out running a hand through his hair.

"Guys!" Ranboo stood between the arguing pair. "This isn't gonna help! You two give each other space."

Addie nodded and walked off.

"I wanted to protect my friend!"

"You made a judgment call Tommy just not a good one." The trio walked to class.

-

"Ma I'm home!" Toby called hanging his coat in the closet.

"Bubba!" Lani squealed running to him.

Toby lifted her up and went to the kitchen.

"Hi love how was your day?" Dawson asked cutting some vegetables.

"Different I suppose. Tommy thought Addie was in trouble and punched her brother because he thought he was hurting her. Now their not on speaking terms. Addie didn't even sit at lunch with us." He summarized giving Lani a piece of carrot.

"Well he didn't mean no harm. But you have to understand why Addie is upset."

"I know but they've been friends since they were nine."

"Toby people grow apart sometimes." Dawson said.