𝐬𝐢𝐱.

CHAPTER SIX

aisling & peter

THE CASTLE WAS abuzz with the excitement surrounding Gryffindor's first quidditch match of the season. After establishing themselves as the popular house, it was expected that every house ( with the exception of the Slytherins ) should fall in line with their support. 

Especially, when the threat of being mercilessly pranked by four notorious Gryffindors loomed over their heads as an added incentive. James Potter strutted into the Great Hall decked out in his chaser's uniform. His quidditch jumper was on the tight side, so it revealed his muscles. 

He was flanked by his friends and was radiating a god's energy. He was untouchable. He was clearly trying to distract himself from the major loss of Lily with quidditch and instead, aiming to be adored by everyone. That should surely show her who the better man was. 

He made eye contact with the red head and winked, she, in return, did not react, but maintained a raised eyebrow and judgmental expression. 

Betty Lupin watched the whole ordeal as she tried to suppress a smile from the Hufflepuff table. A lot of her house had dressed in the Gryffindor red and gold in favor of Slytherin's silver and green.

"You're cruel," Aisling whispered in pity. "He's trying his best."

"It's obviously not enough," Betty wheezed as she stopped herself from laughing. "Oh come on he looks like a bloody peacock strutting in like that and expecting everyone to fall in love with him! If his hubris isn't enough to deter you, surely his audacity should."

"And how has he been audacious?" Aisiling asked with a raised eyebrow.

Betty widened her eyes and just referred to his general figure frantically. 

"Lupin!" he shouted from across the hall. "Can't get enough of me, can you?"

"Obviously not, Potter," she replied sarcastically. "Because I find your testerone show to be the most magnificent thing in my life."

"Good," he said haughtily. "As you should."

She rolled her eyes and looked away, her eyes settling pointedly on Aisling's face.

"You baited him," Aisling deadpanned.

"He baited me!" Betty defended. "And besides! Why are you defending him? You like Peter!"