Nonsense

As a week passed by, Faya noticed Saul wasn't getting better. She was hoping they found the Burned One soon. She was at the training grounds, fighting with a Specialist. She had been focusing more on her training rather than her study. Faya was doing all that she could to avoid using her magic. But it wasn't any use, they were always on. Saul walked over, using a stick to help him get around. Faya deflected a kick and then spun around as she dodged some more and punched them in the stomach. Faya helped them up and then walked away. 

She grabbed my things, heading over to the changing rooms and changed.  She walked over to the next class and sat next to Beatrix. Farah walked around to everyone, though not Faya. Her last student that she dealt with was Aisha. Faya knew Farah wanted her to stay behind so she did, there are times when Faya just knows and she doesn't even have to be reading someone's mind. 

"When you were in the forest, you used your powers to ease the victims thoughts and along with that you helped Saul. By doing all this you opened your mind up to attack. May I scan your thoughts?" Faya nodded and waited, letting her go through her head and then let Farah stand back. 

"Faya, those two attacks that you had flashbacks on from when you were 5 and 10. They were blocked by your father, which I'm assuming you realised when you had your last flashback. They have been opened due to the trauma of using them in the way that you did. Focus on reading my thoughts, focus on directing the source of your magic to one single point. Ignore your surroundings..." She created a small fire, violent water rushing around to cause chaos. 

Faya nodded, closing her eyes and opened them ignoring the chaos around her. She smiled hearing her thoughts. Farah nodded at Faya and stopped the fire and the water with a wave of her hand. 

"You can hear everyone's thoughts all at once, next time you are in your dorm. That will be your starting point. I want you to focus on one of their thoughts. Then think of all the other noise as your chaos, if you can ignore the chaos you'll be able to think more and easier. You'll be able to get by without dealing with the stress, headaches and fear." Faya nodded, smiling gently at her. 

"Thank you." She said, Farah nodded and gathered some papers. 

"Please tell me if anything happens and this is a request from both me and Saul. Do not just focus on your training. I think you know well enough to not ignore your magic, no matter how bad it can be, I need you to not ignore it. Not again." Faya nodded, understandingly and walked out. She headed for the greenhouse, seeing Sky leave and noticed the look covering his face. Faya knocked on the door and poked her head in. 

"Come in Faya." She walked in, looking at him and saw his look. 

"How bad is it?" Faya asked quietly. 

"The longer we wait, the more the infection will spread. Once it gets to my heart..." 

"They'll find it." She said hopefully, letting the tears well up in her eyes.

"Faya, I need to tell you this. Just in case if I don't make it." 

"No! Please don't start with that..." Faya sharply said. 

"Please, listen. Faya, your father he's been blocking your memories. He did it every time you were faced with a burned one when you were little. That is why your powers are how they are now, he won't tell you. He'll lie, Faya. He's done it to you that many times, for different traumas in your life that he has blocked a large source of your magic. I've gotten Farah to prepare for getting rid of the block and I have made arrangements for training." 

"Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked him, desperation in her voice. 

"Faya, they are looking for it now. You know that soldiers make plans for when it matters. And this is when it matters. Soldiers share plans with those who matter. "