Chapter Seventeen

Third person pov

' just a little more , just a little more , I should keep the black magic at bay temporarily for just a little more '

Athanese thought as he tried to fight against the dizziness and headache he was suffering due to the side effects .
Felix came inside the room after making sure Athanasia was alright and when he entered the room he panicked when he saw Athanese breathing heavily while while sweating.

Suddenly Claude woke up and glared at Athanese who was still busy keeping a temporary lock for the black magic .

" Fa- , your Majesty ! You are awake "

Athanese said as he stood up and backed up a little and bowed. Athanese was stumbling while walking so felix gently grabbed Athanese's shoulder to support him to at least stand

" What were you doing ? "

Claude asked as he glared at Athanese who bowing infront of him

" I... I was healing the sudden Mana instability that happened just a hour ago due to sudden movement "

Athanese replied as he tried his best to stay conscious. Claude looked at him properly and noticed he was looking quite pale but it didn't matter to him.

" Leave "

Claude said in a harsh tone . Felix helped Athanese to walk towards his room and when they finally reached Athanese's room , he fainted. Felix was quick enough and caught him before he could hit the ground.

Felix quickly laid Athanese on his bed and went to call the Royal Physician. When the physician came and check on him , he said

" His highness will wake up soon , there is no major injuries but... "

Felix felt worried when he heard the pause in his sentence and waited for the physician to continue

" but he used to much Mana at the same time and it's quite draining to use that many amount of Mana at the same time so his highness might wake up with some side effects like headache , fatigue , stomaches , fever etc .For now we should let his highness rest and replenish his mana reserves "

The physician said as he gave felix some medicine that should be given to Athanese when he wakes up. Felix sighed in relief and went to check on Athanasia too.

The next day

Athanese was resting on his bed while Athanasia who had already woken up from her shocked state was checking on his fever and keeping a cold cloth on his forehead. The maids insisted to help her but Athanasia wanted to take care of her brother so she told them she will do it .

Meanwhile , Claude and Felix were taking a stroll around the garden with Felix who was babbling about the past that claude has forgot about . Felix was trying his best to bring back Claude's memories and cheer up the prince and princess.

Claude was annoyed to no end by felix's never ending babble of how he spent time with those children.

On the same day , when claude saw his face on the portrait with Athanese standing on his right and Athanasia on his left both smiling with him sitting in the middle on his chair with a expression he had never had before, Claude couldn't believe he could make such face

Claude believed these children bewitched him and after that he suffered severe insomnia that was caused probably due to stress and black magic.

Athanese pov

When I woke up I felt really good , I looked around and saw Athanasia sleeping on the side of bed.

It seems like she was taking care of me. I thought as I smiled .