Chapter 3-The Hiyori Group

"Thank you, without you this plan would have not succeeded." I thanked the person who helped me with my plan.

She just smiled sadly, "But, Kiyotaka, what exactly did you achieve by doing this?"

I sighed, "I told you that day didn't I hiyori, I really didn't want to hurt Ibuki. I am currently not interested in the concept of love; I have much larger problems than that."

Hiyori just nodded at my statement, there was nothing more she could do now.

I turned towards her, I was still curious, "Say Hiyori... Why did you help me in the plan? I mean I thought you didn't agree with my methods."

At this she chuckled, "I...I didn't want Ibuki to be hurt. But more than that, I didn't want you to feel like you are the bad guy."

My eyes widened, don't tell me,

"I am the one responsible for what happened yesterday. If I had not ratted out that Ibuki was going to confess to you... then today would have never happened. So Kiyotaka Kun.. I know what I did is the worst. I don't even deserve to be friend with ibuki san... But please don't feel like you were alone in this.. I'm with you." She said while looking down at her lap.

A tear fell on her lap, which was accompanied by silent sobs. I got up and embraced her, for some reason I couldn't see her in tears.

I would be lying if I said that I completely trusted Hiyori. I never thought that she would see to this plan with me till the end. But... she stood by me.

Till the very end... It seems I need to reevaluate the question 'Should I trust a friend'.

Yeah, I can definitely trust some people. I'm not alone, I have to understand.

I tightened my embrace on Hiyori, as she started to speak in between the sobs,

"I'm sorry... I never wanted to hurt ibuki San... I don't know how to... face her. I... I'm sorry"

I just kept embracing her, she needed someone to lean on to at this moment, and I was ready to be that person.

I gently said, "Shiina, I know... it is difficult. But nothing can be changed now. So... don't regret anything, because... even if you haven't intervened the result would have been the same. But if ibuki would have actually confessed to me... than we would have lost what we had."

She turned to me, tear stains visible on her face,

"I want everyone in Hiyori group to remain friends. Ever since I have come to this school... I wanted to feel normal. And I was finally starting to feel like a normal person when I was with you three. I want you, ibuki and matsushita to stand together, bound by a bond greater than love itself."

Yeah, this was one of the reasons I went through this plan. Call me selfish... But I really wanted to protect the friend circle I had. I wanted the 'Hiyori group' still alive, If I had rejected ibuki, I doubt we would be ever able to have a normal conversation ever. She would still feel discomfort just looking at my face.

But now... everyone was free. Ibuki was no longer tied to me, nor I was bothered by losing them.

I had protected the only set of people I can boast about proudly. At this point I can only trust Hiyori... but I should start to change more.

Today was a day worthy of celebration in my life... I was not alone anymore.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________