Chapter 21

I sat there and waited for Adrian to explain himself further

I sat there and waited for Adrian to explain himself further. Somehow I feel this meeting is related to why I'm still here.

While my mind was filled with questions, I kept a straight face. "As you know, Giavanni and I aren't the best of friends," he spoke.

Yeah no shit.

Then Adrian continued as he stared me down again. "You see, Giavanni Bianchi is someone who has done things. Things that never sat right with me," he added.

"Safe to say, he's responsible for the man I am today. After all, we had a rather interesting past,"

My eyebrow furrow in confusion.

"This is where you come in and make use of yourself," he kept his eye on me.

I'm not sure why he's telling me all this but I guess I'm going to find out.

Getting straight to the point, I ask "What exactly do I have to do?"

"Simple. You're going to help me destroy your precious stepfather," he says in a calm tone.

It didn't take me long to understand what's going on now. He's using me to ruin Giavani. But why? What can I possibly do to help him achieve his goal?

Despite my confusion, I think it's best I go along with whatever he wants. I have no idea what he wants me to do, but this seems like the perfect time to negotiate my freedom.

"Whatever you're planning against him, I'll do it," I tell him.

Before responding, he chuckled deeply. "Don't think of this as an escape,"

He read me like a book, which upset me. Was I that easy to read?

"Even if you were to decide to take part in this, which you can't." He glared at me grimly. "Once you know about the mafia, you simply can't escape," he says

While I wanted to argue with him, I knew he was right. I know everything about the organization and his work, there's no way he'll let me go.

"You're silenced by Omerta, flower,"

"What do you mean?" I ask him in confusion.

It struck me that he'd given me a nickname. Why does he keep calling me flower?

"A code of silence, you're not permitted to share any information about the mafia," he explains.

"I won't tell anyone, you can trust m-,"

"That's not how it works, your words don't mean anything. Your silence does," Adrian says.

"But-"

"Do you like the idea of a bullet between your eyes, Valentina?" he aske in an authoritative tone.

I shook my head and stood silent. I knew my actions had consequences, but I would never risk my life by discussing things that were not supposed to be discussed.