Chapter 43: My Prom Queen

⇿⇿⇿

Rebekah and Annabeth had danced the whole night.

When Bonnie and Matt were announced prom king and queen, the blonde original couldn't help but fell disappointed that she didn't win.

Annabeth noticed her demeanor. The demigod held her hand out to Rebekah. "Come on," she encouraged. "I want to take you somewhere."

The corners of Rebekah's lips rose slightly as she placed her hand in Annabeth's. The grey eyed girl led her back to her car.

"Where are you taking me?" The original asked with an excited grin.

Annabeth sent her a smile back. "I guess you'll just have to see."

The demigod brought up to directions on her phone to the place she wanted to stop at. She made sure not to let Rebekah see.

After a few minutes, she pulled into the parking lot of a dollar store. Rebekah raised an amused eyebrow. "This is where you wanted to take me?"

Annabeth just smiled. "Trust me."

The blonde original gave in. "Alright."

They got out of the car. Annabeth turned to the vampire. "Okay, wait here. I'll be right back."

Rebekah made a sound of amusement. "I can't even go in?"

"No, it'll ruin the surprise." The demigod said with a playful smile.

The original couldn't stop the wide smile that spread across her lips. "Okay."

Annabeth walked backwards to the store. "No peaking through the windows."

Rebekah laughed.

When the demigod disappeared behind the door to the store, Rebekah leaned against the car with a childish smile.

The grey eyed girl returned from the store with a plastic bag in her hands. Once she stood in front of Rebekah, she spoke, "Okay, now close your eyes."

The blonde closed her eyes as she was told.

Annabeth pulled a sparkly plastic tiara out of the bag. "Now, open."

Rebekah opened her eyes and her face lit up. She moved her gaze back to the demigod's eyes. An adorable smile appeared on her face. "Annie."

Annabeth stepped closer. The grey eyed girl gently placed the tiara on top of her head. "It doesn't matter who won prom queen at the dance." Annabeth moved her face closer to the original's. "You're still my prom queen."

A genuinely happy expression formed on Rebekah's face. She moved her face closer to Annabeth's too.

The next moment their lips met. Annabeth's arm snaked around the back of her neck.

When the kiss ended, they both wore smiles on their faces. Their foreheads remained touching as they stared into each other's eyes.

"I voted for you too, by the way. More than once." Annabeth admitted.

Rebekah laughed softly. "Thank you, Annie."

"Anytime, Bekah," she replied cheekily.

The blonde original pressed another soft kiss against Annabeth's lips.

Annabeth immediately kissed back.

❦❦

The pair arrived back at the Mikaelson house. They saw Elijah, which caused Rebekah to move toward him. "Elijah, I passed your test with flying colors."