Meeting with my mother

It was after school and everyone went home. Noah and Dixie are currently sitting in Dixie's bed cuddling and talking.

"When do you have to leave to see your mom", Dixie said looking up at Noah.

"Tomorrow morning, why", He said fiddling with her fingers.

"No reason."

Dixie seriously didn't have a reason of asking Noah that question. He had just never told her when they were meeting. Of course, Dixie was a bit worried about Noah meeting with his mom, but it was his parent after all and she couldn't get in the way of their relationship. As Dixie sat in thought, she eventually felt her eyelids getting heavy and started drifting off to sleep. Noah, however, was just sitting thinking about the secret he was keeping from Dixie. He wanted to be a loyal friend to Bryce, but his love life was on the line. It was also Dixie's best friend, so she obviously could've told her... right? Noah eventually decided to just stop worrying and live in the moment. Dixie wasn't the one pregnant so no need for worries. As Dixie slept in Noah's arms, he kissed the top of her head and continued playing with her fingers, which to her, brought a feeling of security.

----------------------------------

It's the next morning which is the morning Noah was supposed to be meeting his mother at Claudia park. He had woke up to a hint of light coming through the window. Eventually, he got out of bed and changed into sweats and a hoodie, and left. While Noah was on the walk to the park, he thought about all of the possible outcomes of him texting his mother. He mostly somehow thought of the bad ones. What if she did bring his father or what if she actually doesn't want a relationship with him. It hurt Noah to think like that, but he also wanted to be prepared for that future possible outcome. As Noah neared the corner of the park, there he saw his mother sitting patiently waiting while playing with the hem of her sweater.

"Hi mother."

-350 words

Short but worth it.. Let's go prewrite