thirty eight - "I'll be here, waiting"

W I L L O W

W I L L O W

The hospital walls felt way too familiar while staring at the operation room door without blinking once. My mind was blank and it felt like I had been at the hospital for days.

Am I paying for sins I don't remember committing? Is it karma from my past life?

No, the universe is against my happiness, the universe is so against me and Sargent. Since I was honest with myself and literally had an internal confession that I was in love nothing had been the same and we never had peace. We already started off bad, then he had a near death experience again and later on his mom literally forced him out of the country and now he's having a life and death fight.

What if he dies? What do I do then? I laughed at my stupidity.

 There's no"What do I do?"  Willow. The question is...Is there an after this? How will I be able to recover from losing the guy I'm...In love with? I haven't even been able to tell that straight up to his face?

Ah, my stupid mind. I told myself to not fall in love so fast. I always do what I tell myself not to do. Couldn't I just keep on hating him?

Fuck, I'm gonna go crazy. These thoughts are killing me. I have to stop overthinking.

"Hey...I brought you some tea" I heard Elijah say as he sat down next to me which made me a bit happy since his cologne took over the hospital smell.

I hated the smell of hospitals.

"Thanks," I said and took the tea out of his hands and took a sip. Ah, he knew me well already, he bought me black currant tea, my favorite.

I put the tea down on the end-table when I heard the familiar melody of my ringtone.

I got tense when I saw that my mom was calling me and I looked at Elijah from the corner of my eye and he was listening to music, as always.

"Hello, mom" I replied when I heard her voice.

"Hey, aren't you coming home yet it has gotten very late, I'm waiting for you"

I was trying to hold my tears but I failed, "Mom, something really bad happened" I broke down and my mom started worrying immediately.

"What happened? Willow! You're worrying me, tell me what happened? Are you hurt? Where are you? I'm coming!" I panicked even more when she said that she was coming.

"No! Eh I mean I'm alright mom it's just...Sargent he-he has been shot."

"What!? Shot! How!? When?! Were you there? Tell me where you are, I'm coming."

"Mom, I'm at the hospital with everyone else, I'm safe don't worry. I'll be at home in the morning alright?"

"I don't know Willow...Are you sure that you're safe?"