forty four

after successfully retrieving helega hufflepuff's cup, the trio along with aurelia were back at hogwarts after finding out the mystery behind the man who closely resembled dumbledore and kept appearing in the shard of the mirror

after successfully retrieving helega hufflepuff's cup, the trio along with aurelia were back at hogwarts after finding out the mystery behind the man who closely resembled dumbledore and kept appearing in the shard of the mirror. neville led the quartet through a narrow corridor which was behind the painting of alice dumbledore. 

"don't remember this on the marauder's map." said harry walking behind neville.

"that's because it never existed till now." neville answered,"the seven secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. this is the only way in or out now. the grounds are crawling with death eaters and dementors."

"how bad is it with snape as headmaster?" harry further asked but aurelia paid no attention to it. her mind was still stuck on theodore whom she hadn't seen since last month. her eyes were nearly dying to just see his face again.

on hearing the words punishment aurelia listened to the conversation going on,". . . like punishment, the carrows."

"they did that to you? why?" hermione asked.

"today's dark arts lessons had us practicing the cruciatus curse.. on first years." a small gasp escaped aurelia's lips as her eyes widened in horror,"I refused. hogwarts has changed."

a few minutes later,neville stopped them and turned towards them with a smirk dangling on his lips."lett's have a bit of fun, shall we?" he asked while opening the door and stood in the entrance,blocking the quartet from others to see.

"hey! listen up you lot. brought a surprise!" neville exclaimed.

"not more of aberforth's cooking, I hope." aurelia heard the very familiar irish voice,"be surprised if we can digest it."

neville moved to the side while aurelia and harry stepped forward with hermione and ron following them.

"blimey!" seamus exclaimed getting to his feet. the rest of the students got up and started clapping.

"It's them!"

"the potter twins!"

"we've got potters!"

aurelia watched in surprise as the students all rushed towards them. to her surprise, each and everyone hugged aurelia including the ones who never even interacted with her

"aurelia!" luna looked the happiest as she engulfed aurelia in a hug,"welcome back."
"thank you." aurelia chuckled.

"oh aurelia! it's so good to see you." hannah was the next to pull her in a welcoming hug, followed by susan.

"it's good to see you two again." aurelia smiled in the hug. hannah and Susan noticed how aurelia's eyes was searching for someone and they knew who they were searching for.

"looking for theodore?"

"yeah. . . " aurelia trailed off,"is he back at hogwarts?"

"oh he is. at first he didn't return after the christmas holidays but few days after the easter holidays he was back. though he looked terrible, covered in scars and all." susan explained.