Chapter 45

A/N: Highly recommend listening to this song on repeat throughout thd chapter. ❤

Amadeo's POV

I walked quietly around the kitchen, tiptoeing my steps as I neared her. My hands reached out to grab her waist as I inhaled her scent. She jumped against me and gasped.

"You scared me!" she said. I grinned at her and kissed her head as she continued to frost the cupcakes with the bright green frosting. I dipped one finger into the bowl on the side and put it in my mouth.

"Amadeo!" she said.

"What? It's delicious." I said. She kept the piping bag down and turned around towards me. She places her hands on her hips and scolds me, "No touching or eating anything off of this table until I'm done." she said seriously.

I neared her again and kissed her nose, "You are adorable." I said.

"I'm serious. It's for Alex's birthday tomorrow." She said scowling. I raised my hands up in surrender. "Okay okay, I won't anymore. I get it all the love is for Alex."

Her scowl faded. "No sweetie. I didn't mean it like that. You can have a whole cupcake when I'm done decorating or I'll bake you another cake. Your favourite, red velvet. "

"Baby," I said laughing. "I'm just kidding." Her face morphed back into a scowl.

"Why do you always do that?" she said. I tucked her hair behind her ear and said, "I'm just messing with you, amore." I kissed her and hugged her to my chest. She sighed and responded to my kiss but pulled back before I could deepen it.

"I need to finish this now otherwise I'll be up all night," she said, picking up her piping bag again. I let out a grunt and she giggled, shaking her head. I sat down on the stool on the other side of the counter and watched her decorate the cupcakes for our son's birthday party. He is already two. How fast is he growing up?

"I feel like it was just yesterday I was buying balloons for his first birthday," said Ava, voicing my thoughts. I nodded.

"I couldn't give him a party back then so I'm going all out tomorrow," she said. I lost my smile remembering what happened on that day.

"I know," I said dejectedly. I almost lost both of them.

"Amadeo, my love. It wasn't your fault. You saved us." she said from across the counter. She was done decorating and now was putting everything away. She picked up a cupcake and came towards me. She smiled and asked, "How does it look?"

The cupcake had bright green frosting and had a picture of the Incredible Hulk on an edible paper.

"It's very Hulk-y?" I said, raising an eyebrow. She giggled and nodded.

"Well he is obsessed with the Hulk," she said. She neared me, keeping the cupcake back on the counter. She placed her hands around my shoulders and I held her waist.

"Whatever happened that day was unfortunate. But it was also the day I got you back. I don't know what I would've done if I didn't have you. You saved me like you always do and gave the precious gift of your love." I closed my eyes as she kissed my forehead lingering there for a while. She looked back at me and said, "I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you." I enveloped her in my arms. "I love you too, Tesoro. So much."

The clock pinged as it was 12 o clock. It was Alex's official birthday.

"Aww happy birthday to my sweet angel," she said.

"That angel is sleeping peacefully unaware of the surprise you planned," I said standing up.

"We are now officially parents of a two-year-old. Happy birthday Alex." I said.