The Room of Requirement

Leaving Defense Against the Dark Arts, Aurelia was certain of one thing, and one thing only.

Her absolute hatred towards the teacher.

Professor Everhart had been annoying, but at least he hadn't been practicing curses on their students. No, Professor Wisteria was certainly someone you didn't want to mess with.

The worst part was that there was absolutely nothing they could do.

And after that incident with the Boggart she had barely been teaching them how to protect themselves; the teacher would perform the curses but not say how they were supposed to fight them. Like they had to learn for themselves.

Aurelia wracked her brain — trying to find something she could do to help the other students who were struggling just as much, if not even more, than she already was. And she was almost close to giving up when an idea popped inside her mind.

Maybe there was something they could do after all.

She remembered during the end of her fifth year that she had thought that if by her sixth year there still wouldn't be a sufficient Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, then she would put matters on her own hands. She didn't want others, and herself included, to do poorly during the N.E.W.T.S examinations. If she wanted to be successful, then she had to try her hardest in order to end up in a career she actually enjoyed.

Obviously, Aurelia didn't know exactly where she planned the replacement class to be held; and, for that matter, if people would be willing to join in the first place.

As her mind was occupied with coming up with ideas for where she could go, she hadn't realized she had paced a wall three times, all with the intent of finding a place to teach. A door magicked itself right in front of her, as if it had been there the whole time. Aurelia questionably looked at the door, wondering whether this was one of her many mind hallucinations. Once she figured that it couldn't possibly have been, considering those typically happened every three days and it had only been two since her last hallucination, she went in — wondering why she hadn't seen the strange room on the Marauder's map before.

Inside, the room was exactly what Aurelia pictured the perfect classroom to look like. No desks and chairs — well, there were a few chairs; presumably in case someone was lazy. No, this was the perfect room where people could engage by actually performing spells; not doodling on pieces of parchment because they were bored.

Ehem, sound familiar? Aurelia, what say you?

Aurelia scowled. That's hardly fair; you would too if you had to put up with the teacher's obnoxious—

Too true, and I don't regret it. Now would you please stop arguing with yourself you crazy lunatic?

Aurelia stared up at the ceiling as if she were looking at her head, her face etched with hurt. That was uncalled for.

I only speak the truth.

The truth hurts.

All right then — you're sane and enjoyable to be around.

"I don't feel like being around you anymore," Aurelia said aloud. "You're toxic and rude. I can't have you in my life if you continue acting the way you do."

"What are you going to do about it, you airhead?" Aurelia mimicked her brain.

"I'm going to be an airhead once I rip you out—"