Chapter 116

A/n: Guys I don't even remember writing this and I wrote it like five minutes ago, lawd save me

*TRIGGER WARNINGS*

•Jack is not okay
•Dehydration/malnutrition
•I think that's it but if it isn't i'd like to know

"Jack?!" Lucia yelled into the house, opening the unlocked door. Technically she was breaking in-but Jack wouldn't have answered anyways. She knew what he was like. He was probably sitting alone in his room, staring into space, ignoring the world.

He wouldn't pick up his phone, and the texts weren't even going on read. So, she drove to his house and broke in like the good friend she is.

His bedroom door was locked, so she called out to him once more, and the only response she got was the echo of her voice in the empty hallway.

She understood him. She understood what he thought to be a loss, his grief. She knew what it was like to shut down for days on end.

"Jack, please..." Lucia called, knocking on the door. She tried to get his attention for a few minutes, but nothing worked. She leaned against the door in defeat. She didn't know how to pick a lock. Besides, she wanted him to be the one to open the door when he was ready, but if there was a chance that he could be dead well, she didn't want to take that chance.

She began to sing something softly. Enough for her voice to reach the other side of the door and fill the room. She didn't know why the song that she was singing in particular came to her, until she realized it was Jack and Rose's wedding song.

She heard a bump in the room. Maybe her voice was starting to bring him back to reality. "Jack?!" She called.

"L-Lucia?" He asked. He sounded dazed and dizzy, his voice was crackling like he hadn't drank anything in days.

"Jack! Unlock the door, please!" She called.

She received no response. She assumed he was weak from being in there or something.

"What type of lock is your door?!" Lucia called again.

She heard a mumble about a left-lock, so she took her ever so convenient bobby pin and jammed it in the door, wriggling it to the left.

It wasn't working, because of course it was more complex than that, so she looked up how to do it. This time it worked, and before she opened the door, she asked, "Jack? Can I come in? Do I need to..close my eyes?" She asked. She'd seen him drunk and naked many times before-but to be fair, that was in college. Now, he was vulnerable and felt weak and horrible.

"N...o...?" She heard him say, sounding like a question.

So she twisted the knob, and opened the door, peaking in. She saw Jack, and it was honestly a horrible sight.

Jack was sitting in a corner, face in his knees. His hair was a greasy, stuck-up mess, his eyes were bloodshot and puffy, with tear-stained cheeks and a shirt that probably hasn't been changed in a week. His eyes had heavy bags underneath them, and he looked so tired.

He seemed to have forgotten where he was, as he was looking to the ceiling, in a daydream like state.

Lucia sighed. She couldn't tell him about Rose, since she knew he'd immediately want to see her. He had to take care of himself first, he was in no state to go anywhere.

Lucia snapped him out of his state again, and stood him up. He must've been dehydrated and hungry because his vision was swimming and he kept falling over, weak.

So, she practically dragged him to the bathroom. Of course, he wouldn't have gotten up to use the bathroom at all, so he was sitting in three day old smelly piss, so that was also kinda nasty.

"Okay, Jack, you literally can't even move your arms, so I am going to help you-can I?" She asked carefully. He nodded. So, She ran a bath and put him in it, removing all of his clothes. Some might say that a bath wouldn't be the top priority-but he would probably go to jail if he went out smelling like that.

"Okay, so you are going to sit in this tub, while I go clean up the lake you've produced in your room" Lucia said, "and please-try to wash yourself."

Jack nodded, tearing up. What he's done-the reality started hitting him. God, he was so-so pathetic, how could he even do that? When he had two sons, who were also worried sick, crying, with no comfort from their father.

By the time Lucia had gotten back, Jack had washed himself, rinsed off, and stood up, shaking, gripping on the counter,  dried off, threw on sweatpants, and put on a T-shirt.

"Okay, now, I presume you haven't eaten in a while?" Lucia asked.

Jack nodded.

"Alright, well if that's the case you're probably dehydrated as well, so here, I want you to drink this water-slowly-don't overwhelm your stomach, that could cause you to puke and become even more dehydrated than you already are. So, we'll start with water, here you go" she said, handing him a cup of water, which he took shakily.

She lead him to a living room couch and let him sit as she went to go and find something to make for him, "we need to do something light, that won't be a burden on your stomach."

"What are you, a doctor?" Jack joked.

"I'm the mother of a anorexic teenager, now drink your damn water" she smirked.

"Lucia! Such fowl language!" He said in feigned shock.

"Oh, hush, there's nobody here to set an example for" she smiled.

Then. She remembered? How could she forget? Probably because the author forgot up until this point-but never mind that, she was remembering now.

"Uhm, Jack..?" Lucia asked, trailing off as she put some fruit and crackers on a plate.

"Yeah?" He asked, sipping his water, sitting up anxiously at the tone in her voice.

She walked over to him and set the food on a table next to him, then cautiously asked, "Where is Linda?"