𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

First person pov.

We got to Five's room, and I sighed in relief as we were finally out of danger. Five was a bit tense since our encountering with Luther and Allison, and I did notice that on the way here, he seemed to be really deep in thought.

He sat on his bed and put his hands on his head, holding it. I sat myself by his side.

_"Are you okay? You seem really stressed. More than usual."

_"I'm terrified. I don't think I can deal with this alone, Y/n. This whole apocalypse. The days keep passing and I feel like I'll never get a clue on what is going to happen, plus I can't count on my own brothers and sisters!"

_"Hey! Hey, look. I'm here for you. You're not alone this time, really. Even if the others are being annoying pricks, I'm still here. It might not be much, but..."

_"It is. It means a lot, Y/n."

I smiled at him, and put a hand on his shoulder, making him wince. I furrowed my brows at his reaction, and started taking off his blazer while he eyed me weirdly.

_"What are you doing?"

_"You're hurt! Why didn't you say anything? We need to treat this."

I got up before he could protest, and got out of the room. I called Grace, and asked for a first aid kit, and she gave me one pretty quickly. I was back on the room in just a few minutes, finding Five still sat on the bed, but now without his dress shirt, wearing only his tank top.

I sat on the same spot I was before, and grabbed a needle and thread from the kit.

_"You're getting yourself hurt quite a lot. You need to be more careful."

_"I'll be more careful once I save everyone."

I started closing the cut on his shoulder with the needle, him groaning a bit at the process.

_"...We're gonna be okay Five. We're gonna figure this out and we'll all be safe. Trust me."

I felt his eyes on my hands, but I didn't look back since I was concentrated on his wound. When I was done with the stitching, I cleaned some of the blood and put a child's band-aid on top. Then I looked up.

Five was still looking at me, but not to my hands anymore. He was looking at my face. And he seemed distracted while doing so. I smiled at him, and snapped my fingers in front of his face.

_"You there, old man? What are you looking at?"

_"...Sorry. I got distracted."

He got up to get dressed again, but I grabbed his wrist before he could do anything. He looked back at me, with a puzzled expression.

_"You should sleep for a bit, aren't you tired?"

_"I'm fine, I still have things to do, if I leave now I might be able to-"

_"Yeah, no, you're sleeping."

I pulled him back to the bed, and he stumbled, falling backwards on it. I laughed softly at the pout he put on.

_"Just for a couple of hours, please. I'll wake you up, I promise."

The boy sighed, seeing he couldn't change my mind about that. He lied down more comfortably on the bed, and closed his eyes. I was about to get up and leave him alone before I heard his voice again.

_"You can stay...I mean, you're probably exhausted too."

_"Oh, I can sleep on my room. Don't worry, I'm not going to bother you staying here."