Chapter 8

Two years later

The sound of the alarm clock filled the room followed by a groan from the shirtless figure sprawl on the bed.

He sluggishly reached for it and turn it off then he proceeded to get some more sleep but a voice called from outside of his room.

"Get up Andrew it's time for school"

He groan once again and used the pillows to cover his ears but the voice yelled again "get up Andrew don't make me come over there and wake you up myself"

That threat got him out of bed immediately and he groan again "I hate mornings" he mumbled to himself as he walk towards his bathroom.

After ten minutes, he was already dressed, standing in front of his mirror fixing his hair.

As he combed through his hair, his eyes caught the photo frame on the bed side table; it was the picture he took from Amelia's room two years ago after she was taken to Paris.

He sighed and picked it up with a smile "how are you doing little sister?" His finger trace her smiling face in the photo.

He missed her so much.

He never thought a day would come when she would no longer be with them. It still hurt him knowing it was his fault but he manage to accept the fact that the deed was done and there is nothing he could do about it but that didn't stop him from feeling guilty every once in a while.

His parents had finally opened up to him a little; Well his mum especially; He knew his father was still trying to forgive him cause he wasn't as friendly as he was in the past and Andrew never complained. He accepted it because he knew he was the reason the family isn't stable anymore.

His mum tried to hide her pain but it was clear that she missed Amelia a lot. They had to celebrate her birthday without her these two years and it wasn't fun because everyone seem to be in a sour mood on her birthday.

It reminded them of the reason she wasn't there in the first place.

"I miss you" he said before placing the picture back to it's original position.

He picked up his bag pack and walked out of his room. As he rush down the stairs, he saw that his mum was already setting the table for breakfast dressed in her usual business suit.

"Morning mum" he greeted as he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"I thought you would never get out of bed" she said as she place the bacon and pancakes on the plates while Andrew took his sit.

"I didn't get much sleep last night cause I was studying so don't blame me" he defended

"Whatever" she walked back to the kitchen but not before he caught the huge grin on her face. She seem really happy today.

As she came back, she sat down at her usual place in the table and Andrew watched the smile on her face with curiosity and confusion.

What could be going on?

He opened his mouth to ask her when his father's voice spoke "good morning guys" his tone was cheerful and happy as he rush down the stairs also in his business suit. 

"Her honey" his mother greeted and the smile didn't leave her face.

"Hi love" his father replied with the same smile on his face while Andrew sat there looking at them as if they both fell from the sky and then to shock him further, his father ruffled his hair "how was your night son"

Andrew couldn't answer. The shock was visible in his eyes. He couldn't remember the last time his father ruffled his hair. Ever since what happened to Amelia, his father was always formal with him so this new development was kind of weird.