Chapter Five

Clementine's P.O.V

I stare at myself in the mirror, cringing slightly at the outfit Sam had slipped through the bathroom door to me. The silk black dress reached mid-thigh with spaghetti straps and a backless finish, I hid my thigh holster up high under the dress and slipping a few knives inside. I sigh letting my pale blonde hair hang in curls down my back as I clasp the black heels around my ankles. How the hell would I run in these?

"Clem? Are you ready? We're here" Sam called from the other side of the door, I slid the door open and step out into the corridor. Sam lets out a low whistle as he takes in my appearance "damn girl" he teases, I roll my eyes at him before glancing down at his outfit "you look great Sam" I tell him, taking in his red and yellow suit. Sam huffs lifting his pant leg "I'm wearing heels, Buck's outside and he doesn't have to wear heels" he states with a frustrated look, I giggle patting his chest.

"Time to go" Zemo calls out to us, I follow Sam down the narrow stairs, watching my step so I don't fall headfirst into him. Bucky stood at the bottom facing away from us, his broad leather-clad back flexed as he swung his arms back and forth. The black buckled vest straining over his muscles as he turned to look at us, he inhaled sharply as I watched his eyes sweep from my feet to my face, I glanced away quickly to avoid his stare. Bucky swallowed hard as we approached him "you're taller" he blurted as I stopped in front of him. I'm usually 5ft 3" but my heels add around 3 inches of height. "It's the shoes" I chuckled lifting my foot slightly. Even in heels, Bucky is still a good 6 inches taller than me.

What is he? Like 6ft? Keep it together Clem.

"It's.....everything" he smirks glancing down at my dress, his adam's apple bobbing when he meets my eyes, his tongue poking out to wet his lips "you look stunning Dove" I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks as I smiled up at him "thanks Bucky, come on we should follow them" gesture to Sam and Zemo, who had walked ahead. Bucky's vibranium fingers clasp around my forearm before I could step away, his body invading my senses as he steps closer, his face dangerously close to mine "stay close to me. Don't draw unnecessary attention to yourself Dove, and stay in character. If for any reason this goes south, you get out of there" Bucky instructs, I open my mouth to protest but the look in his eyes makes me close it again.

Bucky's eyes held so much, he didn't want to go back to being the Winter Soldier or pretend to be him, but it's the only way "I'll stay close, It'll be okay Buck" I reassure, gently nudging him in the direction of Sam and Zemo.

"We have to fix this, I'm the only one that looks like a pimp" Sam complains, I try my best not to laugh as we walk across the open bridge "only an American would assume a fashion-forward black man is a pimp" Zemo snickers before continuing "you look exactly look the man you're supposed to be playing. The sophisticated, charming rake named Conrad Mack, aka the Smiling Tiger" Zemo pulls out his phone and shows a picture to Sam "he even has a bad nickname, but damn he sure does look like me" I glance over at the photo and chuckle at the crazy resemblance.

"Clementine, you will be his date for the night, and let us hope no one recognizes who you are, do you know how many people would love to get their hands on you" I stiffen at Zemos words "no one will touch her Zemo so watch your mouth" Bucky warns, a dangerous glint in his eyes as he looks over at me. Zemo smirks "I know James, do you smell that?" I took a big whiff and winced "yeah, what is that? Acid?" Sam questions, crinkling his nose up.

"Madripoor"

"No matter what happens, we have to stay in character. Our lives depend on it, there's no margin for error. High towns that way, not a bad place if you want to visit but low towns the other way" Zemo explains, I wrap my arms around myself as we approach the cars waiting for us "let me guess, we don't have any friends in high-town?" Sam mumbles as he slides into the car. Bucky gives me one last look as we both climb in after him.