𝟙𝟟

(A/N): Further down in the chapter, these, ~~~~~~~~~~~ , will signify a setting change from the Hex to the outside world

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2006                         𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is it. Game time."

"It's not a competition, Caelum."

"It is if you're a winner."

"Caelum!"

"Unleash hell, demon spawn!" Pietro yelled at the kids, laughing while walking along the street with his best friend.

"Do you remember when we were at the tower after that one mission when Rogers got shot and he gave us that long lecture about gun safety? What was the name of that speech he gave us? Like the 'Rules and Regulations of Rifles' or something?"

"You're testing me."

"No, I'm not."

"Hey, it's cool. I know I look different."

"Why do you? Look different."

"You tell me. I mean, if I found Shangri-La, I wouldn't wanna be reminded of the past either."

Caelum came running up to his mom and 'uncle', laughing with a bag full of candy, "Next house, Mom!"

"Junior entrepreneur, over here. How about you let Uncle P help you maximize your candy acquisition, huh?"

"Yeah. Kick-ass!"

Y/N laughed at the interaction between her kid and her friend, "I feel the need..."

"For speed!" Both Caelum and Pietro yelled together, "Kick-ass," yelled to the two as they ran along the sidewalk.

"Oh, hey, Herb," Y/N came walking up to her neighbor, "Oh, hey!"

"How's patrol going?"

"Eh, quiet, so far. Hold up, will you?" He asked as his radio went off, "Say again?"

"All the candy has disappeared?"

Y/N watched in the distance as the speedsters dumped all the candy into their bags and smashed  jack-o'-lanterns and sprayed everyone with silly string, "And now all the jack-o'-lanterns have been smashed?"

Pietro, Caelum, and Malthe all cheered in the background at their victory of mischief, I mean, what could they say, their father was the God of Lies and Mischief.

"And now everyone's covered in silly string?" Herb looked terrified at what he was hearing, "Sorry, Y/N, I gotta bounce."

"Well, maybe Loki can help you out."

"Loki? Oh, he's not on duty."

"Oh! I... I thought he..."

"Is there something can do for you, Y/N? Do you want something changed?"

"No. It's fine. Never mind."

"All right. Peace!" Herb chuckles at his departure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is so lame. I can't believe you're making them return all the candy," Pietro whined, dragging his body through the street, pouting.

"I can't believe what a bad influence you are," Y/n scolded her friend, who immediately responded back, "Who beefed in your borscht? I'm just trying to do my part, okay? Come to town unexpectedly, create tension with the snake, stir up trouble with the rugrats, and ultimately give you grief. I mean, that's what you wanted, isn't it?"