13

m a r c u s

_______________

I pour two glasses of wine and as I turn to give her the drink, I remember our conversation earlier and ask her "So, how are you?". A chuckle escaped her lips as she said "I've been better.". I could tell she was messing around.

"Maybe try being nicer next time.", I replied in an ironic way and looked away to the view of the city, smiling. With the corner of my eye I saw her rolling her eyes.

But obviously not for the right reason.

Tf is wrong with you man, you barely know her.

Yeah, right, but imagine fucking her right here.

Without even realising it, I was now fucking staring at her like I an idiot, examining every inch of her body.

Great, you fucking idiot.

At this point I'm just hoping she didn't notice, even though I know she did.

"What?", she asks as she takes a sip of the wine. "Nothing.", was all I could think of as a reply.

Are you dumb?

"How do you even know this place?", she asks with her soft voice.

"My family owns it, among other businesses throughout the city. I never really liked that short of stuff. Music on the other hand, that's my thing.", I reply looking at her beautiful eyes. "What about you?"

"Uh, well, ever since I can remember, I wanted to follow my father's footsteps and take over his company when the time comes. I'm pretty sure that's still what I want, but for now I'm trynna finish college without losing my mind."

Alicia's pov:

"Anddd that's why I dropped out last year. Plus, I can now focus on my music.", he said and let a chuckle escape his soft lips.

His soft lips.

What's wrong with me?

But they do look so damn soft.

Imagine leaning in and kissing him now.

Key word: imagine. I really need to chill.

When did I become so damn horny?

I barely know the guy. I'm still trying to figure out why he was looking at me like that a few moments ago. Is something wrong with my outfit? My make-up?

Or maybe I'm just overreacting like always. Yeah, probably that.

"Wait, pause, when you say 'your music', you mean like singing?", I ask full of excitement.

"You're fucking scaring me, Jones and yeah, I can sing why?", he said yet again with his soft voice that sent shivers down my spine for some weird reason.

Why does he have to be so hot?

And he can sing.

"Fine, then sing.", I said and he sent me a confused look.

"Nah, I'll consider it after the second date.", he replied and smirked.

Marcus fucking Grey. Smooth af.

After that, we spent hours laying next to each other, talking about ourselves, trying to get to know each other better. Turns out, he has two siblings, including the woman from earlier at the restaurant. He knows how to play both the piano and the guitar, he despises cats and loves cooking.

It is too good to be fucking true.

"The first day we ran into each other you said you were there for a friend?", I ask suddenly getting suspicious.

Who could he possibly know there?

"Caleb. You certainly know him, he owns the company."

Caleb.

I felt my heart beat faster than before. Out all the fucking people working in that building he had to know the one person I hoped he had never even heard of.

"We've known each other for quite some time now.", he adds, not making it any better.

He knew Caleb. He was friends with him and yet he didn't know who I fucking was. So much for him loving me. Caleb and his bullshit. How could I have been so stupid as to believe what he said to me after we had been together for two minutes.

Ugh.

"Yes, I know him.", I said dryly hoping that he didn't notice the disgust in my voice. "I've actually known him since we were kids.", I added trying to hide the anger that I felt every time I heard or talked about him.

Stop it, Alicia. You can't possibly be thinking of Caleb right now.

More time passed and it was getting pretty late. We left the building and got into his car. We were outside my house in what felt like seconds. No one was home as all the lights were turned off.

Standing at my doorstep I turned to say goodbye to Marcus and realised he was standing right in front of me, our faces only inches apart. He cupped one of my cheeks and brought us even closer, our lips almost touching.

"Did I mention how fucking beautiful you are?", he whispered and just as I was about to reply, he crushed his lips onto mine, while his hands travelled all the way down my back until they stopped on my butt. His tongue moving in perfect sync with mine.

It was with no doubt the most passionate kiss I ever had until now. He broke our kiss and pushed me against the door. His lips found their way to my neck and he left multiple hickeys all over it. I could feel him smiling.

Butterflies. That's all. Fucking butterflies.

This man knew exactly what he was doing. He started moving his lips up, still kissing every inch of my skin until he kissed me on the lips one last time and whispered "Goodnight, baby.", as he held my hand.

I missed his touch, his lips on my skin and the way he made me feel already.

"Goodnight, baby.", I said and bit my lip. He started heading back to his car still holding my hand, until he was now too far and he let go of it.

I got inside the house and went straight to the bedroom, throwing myself onto my bed thinking about the kiss.

How could someone I only know a few days make me feel like this?

--

hey babes. i know i said i was gonna update a couple of weeks ago and i didnt. the truth is i have way too much school work rn. schools here opened this monday (ya girl is from greece🇬🇷 and still in high school) and im really struggling. im gonna try and update every weekend though. stay safe✨