Ch. 5

Payton's POV

This past week I've seen my grandmother's health deteriorate right before my eyes. She didn't talk anymore all she did now was sleep. I could tell she was in pain and was tired. Melissa been here fa 3 days, and not once have see came to see my grandmother. As I sat in the chair next to my grandmother's bedside. I grabbed her hand, and just looked at her.

" I know you're in between heaven and earth right now, and you're only holding on fa me. But it'll be selfish of me to ask you to stay here knowing you're in pain. So, if you wanna leave, and go with grandpa it's ok. I'll be fine, I promise. It's up to you, and whatever you choose I'm ok with that. As long as, y'all just watch over me from above. I love you granny. Thank you for everything you've done fa me. Just tell grandpa I said hi, and I love and miss him. Ok?" I said as I kissed her cheek as tears filled my eyes.

A few minutes later, she start coding. A team of nurses and doctors rushed in.

" Ma'am, you have to leave." One of the nurses said as she escorted me out.

After they tried to resuscitate her numerous times, they had finally given up.

" We've done everything we could do to try to revive her, I'm so sorry." The doctor said to me.

I cried because I already knew she was gone. So I just nodded my head, " It's fine."

I stayed at the hospital a for another hour just to get myself together. Before I would go do what my grandmother asked of me. I took the bus to the courthouse.

" Hi, how may I help you today?" The lady at the front desk asked me.

" Um, I'm here to put my name on the deed to my grandmother's house."

" Ok, is your grandmother with you? Because there's going to be a couple of things she has to sign off on." She asked looking at me.

" She just passed, but she asked me to do this before she died."

" I'm sorry for your loss. Since she's passed, then we have to go through different process to get this done. What's your grandmother's name? And what's the addressed the residence?" She asked me.

" Sydney Miller. 1614 East Pearson Ave."

She began typing on the information I gave her into the computer.

" I see it right here. I'm sorry to inform you, but I can't put your name on the deed." She said as she looked up from the computer.

I looked at her with a confused look on my face, " Why not?"

" Because the house is already being put up for sell by the person who's name is already on the deed. A person named Melissa Miller."

" Is there anyway I can get ha name off the deed?" I asked.

" You can either take her to court or she can come down here, and take her name off herself."

I don't have enough money to take her to court, and I know damn well she won't come down here to take her name off the deed.

I rolled my eyes, " I highly doubt she'll do that."

" We'll if you guys change your mind we're opening at.... Today's Tuesday so tomorrow we're opening at 7 am." She said causing my mouth to drop.

" OH MY GOD, MY INTERVIEW WITH UCLA!" I said as I ran out of the courthouse.

I had to wait another twenty minutes for a bus to come. The bus finally came as I got on I took a seat.

" I should've never missed school today." I mumbled to myself as I put my face in my hands.

Once the bus finally pulled up at the bus stop a block away from my high school, I ran the rest of the way there. I seen my coach Ms. Woodland walking to her car.