changes

long anticipated aren x reader! thank you all for the requests.

. . .

"And, this is it." a local person showed you the way to your new school, P.K. Academy.

"Thank you so much for helping me, you didn't have to at all." you bowed, showing your gratitude.

"Oh, it wasn't a problem! I love helping new kids in the neighborhood," the sweet lady smiled warmly at you. "There's some good deals at the supermarket, so I better get going."

"Thanks again, have a good day!" you waved at her, until she turned around the corner.

The entrance of the school completely blew your mind, everything looked so clean and peaceful compared to your other school. It was empty, of course, everyone was already in their respective classrooms before you arrived.

New starts were always very refreshing, especially because of what happened the year before. You shuddered at the thought, and continued to walk into the building.

"-And I believe we have a new student, I don't recognize this name on our roster. (L/N) (Y/N)?" you overheard from inside a classroom on the first floor, so busy from wandering around the grounds that you didn't realize that you were passing your new classroom.

The instructor saying that he didn't recognize your name relaxed you.

"Good morning!" you revealed yourself, peeping inside from the sliding doors.

Your instructor lowers his spectacles before gazing at you. "You're (L/N), correct?"

"Indeed I am." you said, revealing a bright smile to the class.

"Well, shall we give warm welcomes to our new student while we're at it?" he beckons to your classmates.

They stood up from their seats, bowing to you in unison. "Welcome to our class."

Bowing to them in return, you can't help but feel ecstatic over the fact that life gave you a second chance at starting over. 

"You may take a seat beside Toritsuka, the kid with the purple hair," he suggests, re-adjusting his spectacles. "The second to the last row."

You bowed to him again before taking your seat beside the kid who looks seemingly a little too interested in you than normal.

"Hey, newbie." says your seat-mate, his eyes fixed on you.

"Uh, what's up?"

"So, uh, where you from? Why'd you come here? Where'd you transfer from?" he queries, a little too much for your liking. Or maybe it was just paranoia, your primary objective into coming here was keeping a low profile to prevent the same events happening from the previous school year. Simple questions like these throw you off, no matter how much you try to convince yourself that these people mean no harm.

"It's not important," you dismissed him, lowering your face. "Just here to chill and stuff."

"Are you like a secret agent or something?" he traces his finger on the edge of his desk, pouting. "I just wanted to know a little bit of our new and pretty classmate."

You shook your head in dismay. "Creep."

A laugh belted in the hallway, suddenly alarming you. It sounded quite familiar, but you shook it off thinking that it was your paranoia startling you once more. 

. . .

Soon enough it was break time, and again you were excited to explore more of the school grounds. You only had a little bit of time to explore in the beginning of the day, but it was only to find your classroom, and a vending machine filled with good snacks. Finding only one of the two, you decided to start your trek to find a vending machine.