Chapter 54

Ame's P.O.V (cursing)

"Come on, something has to be wrong.The Russia I knew would never be as open as you recently were. So either something is off or you're hiding something, and I'm beginning to think that it's the second one." I pressed.

Russia recoiled back in a stricken manner, as if I had struck a nerve that made him uneasy. His face was unreadable and his posture was tense. He was kinda like a tree that just needed one strike of lighting to send it crumbling to the ground.

"I am not, I swearrr." He defended. However, his voice betrayed his statement.

"Just stop with the lies already, I know something's up, I just don't know what. So what is it?" I was getting less patient by the second and Russia's defiance was not helping me in any way.

I sighed and calmed myself down, "Please, just tell me. This isn't like you. You're being too...nice. And the fact that you always want to do something is weird. Do you want something from me? Is that it?"

He speedily shook his head, "No, no, zhat is not it at all. I, uh, I just do not know how to say it." His eyes were filled with panic, as well as sincerity. It was an unusual combination, but it wasn't something I could hate.

"Okay, is there any other way that you can possibly say it in?" I asked, while keeping my composed posture.

Russia looked down for a second, before his eyes flickered over to me, "Give me one second..." He stood up off of the couch and went over to his room.

When he came back, he was holding something close to his chest, while he looked down at the floor. He took a seat next to me and handed me the item .

The book was a musty brown color and its side was tearing at its seams. The surface was a bit rough to the touch and had little scribbles of ink near the bottom of the cover. I opened the pages and instinctively shut them instantly.

"Why do you have this?" I threatened. My composure was shattered and a firm scowl rested on my lips. My voice had darkened considerably and made the Russian shiver.

"Please listen, I can explain!" Russia begged. "I vas cleaning out zhe aparrrtment zhat ve stayed in durrring ourrr time at zhe EU building. I vent into your rrroom, because I vanted to see if you had left anything behind. I stumbled upon it in yourrr bin and vanted to take it vith me, since I did not trrrust everrryone in zhat building."

"Did you go through it?"

"Huh?"

"I asked, did you go through my diary, even though it's extremely sentimental and may make me feel betrayed? " I growled out. My teeth gritted against each other; I was mad, more than mad actually. To think that I was living with a person who would go through something like that on a whim made me feel disgusted. What kind of decent person does that?

"...yes-"

I slapped him, "Why would you do something like that?! I would think that you would know better than to invade someone's privacy, but apparently you haven't learned that!" I yelled.

"I am sorrry, I am so sorrry! I do not know what I vas zhinking." He squeaked. "I knew it vas vrrrong, I knew zhat zherrre vould be consequences, I...I do not know vhy I did it."

"'I do not know' that's bullshit! If you didn't know why, then you would have stopped reading it after that, but I clearly saw you going through it yesterday. I could have forgiven it if it was only once, but I honestly don't know how many times you've looked at it."